Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2013, 02:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
to the OP:

Check your local boating regulations. There may be laws that specifically define towing a skier and how far away they need to be... However, keep in mind that there may also be laws surrounding blocking the waterway. In short, depending on the situation, you both may have been in violation at the same time.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 08-19-2013, 02:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Love the way you handled the fishing lines. PERFECT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Nice rant. I've seen the idiots surfing behind the io before and don't even entertain the idea of watching. If you watch and there is the sudden emergency I sure would not want to feel obligated to go help out or assist on that.

So here is the ramp and dock situation at one of our local lakes. We have a huge flock of boarder bunnies that come out and fish off of the boat ramp and boat dock. There is a sign that says yeild to boaters. Since these fine people can not speak English or read, their fishing lines are out and their taco bandit arses stay in the lawn chairs. I asked one lady if I could park so we could get the boat out of the water and she just looked at me. I asked again and she says no English. I ask a 3rd time and this time I say this is a boat dock not a fishing dock, the sign says yield to boaters. Still nothing. So...... My patience wore thin. Her 9 kids and boyfriend surely could have understood but no action was taken and I tried to communicate for at least 5 min. Finally I hand my truck keys to a buddy and say we are coming in. I'm taking all of the lines with me and you go get the truck. He jumps off of the dock and she starts in about her fishing line and fully speaking English, yelling every bad word at me etc. I looked her in her eye and said "no English" and drove off. We got the boat out of the water and dried it off and removed the rats nest of fishing line. My friend said we can take it back down and give it back to her if you want. We laughed, tossed all of the fishing tackle that we had to remove in the trash and peacefully left.

Another weekend story was a bass boat aluminum job was going down the freeway. The truck stinger came out so the trailer becomes free of the truck. When the trailer tongue hits the freeway the stinger gets ripped out of the coupler. I pass the stinger in the freeway and the guy gets the entire rig to the shoulder without loosing it. Where he got some truck damage was he had the trailer rear end the truck when he stopped on the shoulder.

The Wally's are everywhere and will always be everywhere.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-19-2013, 02:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Love the way you handled the fishing lines. PERFECT!!
he also got me shot at once for his style

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 08-19-2013, 02:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 prostar 205
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
So had a thought yesterday. Last season it was super easy to pick out who to avoid on our lake. Typical kids in cobalts, etc. Yesterday we roll back to a fairly narrow stretch that typically has decent riding water all day. I notice a guy slaloming and hes being pulled by a pretty S&S. I was drooling over the rail for a bit. Rider goes down and bam here comes the balls out on a dime power turn. We all stare thinking the rider must be hurt. Nope he proceeds to pull the same stuff over and over.

He leaves after a few rides and we go back to riding. A few minutes later one of my riders goes down. He tweaked something and was having leg spasms. he hops up on the platform and we were letting him stretch out. Few seconds later one of the girls is screaming from the front and a guy trying to surf a DD maristar came 10' off my bow and completely swamped the boat. I'm not talking alil water......I'm talking major water. Granted I was alil out in the middle of the area but it was completely uncalled for. Dude drops and I told him the middle of the lake was a perfect place for him to do that crap and explained he just swamped me out. I was farrrrrrrrr under my normal level of yelling. Completely flips out on me and tells me to smoke something.

Anyways sorry for the rant but is anyone else dealing with the wolves in sheeps clothing? Is it the economy or just random? We haven't gone many days this summer without something stupid happening. I mean we hit the ramp to head home last night and a guy was trying to pull a 20'+ boat out with a ford flex on a nice steep, slick ramp.

BTW here is what I followed out of the ramp..................

This is EXACTLY what I was saying on my Poser POS ruins my glass thread. And all the Team Talk pastors came out to say what a selfish POS I am. It used to be you could hold a towboat to a higher standard NOW everyone seems to have one. I.E. boards on their racks which rarely get wet. Dudes cruising by themselves posing!!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Totally uncalled for...no excuse when coming that close to another's boat, no matter what.

It should be legal for someone to beat the livin' piss out of people who do that. Maybe they will learn the hard way that there are ethics to boating.
That could have turned into a very scary situation if your tow rope was still out and the guy ran it over. Someone could have been seriously hurt.

I do not accept that EXCUSE that people just "are not aware" of what to do and what not to do when owning a boat.

To keep my blood pressure down and me out of jail, I just avoid these dbags as best as possible. Nothing else you can really do.
Very well stated Rockman.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Reply to Kyle's post:

You have actually seen people surfing an io?

I would immediately pull up and explain to all the passengers and boat owner how dangerous they are being. I'm sure the peer pressure would make them stop doing it.

As for the guy who swamped the OP's boat. No excuse.

On the river I moor at last Sunday we had numerous people in io boats doing powerturns to recover riders, right in front of the cove we are anchored in. A couple times I locked eyes and gave them an arms in the air motion and they disappeared.

Cool thing is I stay on a part of the river that gets very minor traffic. It's either huge barges, travelers headed south from the lake, or locals. It has never been talked about but the few of us from the marina that know the spot I'm talking about stay about 200yds away from each others normal anchor spots. Whenever we untie and do sports we all stay in our areas. We all have plenty of room to play and respect each other's boundaries.

Right up until some wind ding in a go fast tears through.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-19-2013, 03:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Nice rant. I've seen the idiots surfing behind the io before and don't even entertain the idea of watching. If you watch and there is the sudden emergency I sure would not want to feel obligated to go help out or assist on that.

So here is the ramp and dock situation at one of our local lakes. We have a huge flock of boarder bunnies that come out and fish off of the boat ramp and boat dock. There is a sign that says yeild to boaters. Since these fine people can not speak English or read, their fishing lines are out and their taco bandit arses stay in the lawn chairs. I asked one lady if I could park so we could get the boat out of the water and she just looked at me. I asked again and she says no English. I ask a 3rd time and this time I say this is a boat dock not a fishing dock, the sign says yield to boaters. Still nothing. So...... My patience wore thin. Her 9 kids and boyfriend surely could have understood but no action was taken and I tried to communicate for at least 5 min. Finally I hand my truck keys to a buddy and say we are coming in. I'm taking all of the lines with me and you go get the truck. He jumps off of the dock and she starts in about her fishing line and fully speaking English, yelling every bad word at me etc. I looked her in her eye and said "no English" and drove off. We got the boat out of the water and dried it off and removed the rats nest of fishing line. My friend said we can take it back down and give it back to her if you want. We laughed, tossed all of the fishing tackle that we had to remove in the trash and peacefully left.

Another weekend story was a bass boat aluminum job was going down the freeway. The truck stinger came out so the trailer becomes free of the truck. When the trailer tongue hits the freeway the stinger gets ripped out of the coupler. I pass the stinger in the freeway and the guy gets the entire rig to the shoulder without loosing it. Where he got some truck damage was he had the trailer rear end the truck when he stopped on the shoulder.

The Wally's are everywhere and will always be everywhere.
That is always one of my favorites. For us the signs explicitly say "NO FISHING FROM DOCK" for all the good that does. I guess the problem is that the signs are not in Spanish. We should spend more government money having signs in both Spanish and English. Oh, I always interpret the "no hablo ingles" routine as I don't give a darn...
Old 08-19-2013, 03:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
I wish someone made fake boating tickets like these for parking:

http://www.amazon.com/Fake-Parking-T.../dp/B001689F5G

I live on the lake, and it would be great to go around and put them on peoples boats when they are floating in their slip/house.

On a small lake you definitely get to know everyone, and all the people you wish their boat sank.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Strips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyxc View Post
I wish someone made fake boating tickets like these for parking:

http://www.amazon.com/Fake-Parking-T.../dp/B001689F5G

I live on the lake, and it would be great to go around and put them on peoples boats when they are floating in their slip/house.

On a small lake you definitely get to know everyone, and all the people you wish their boat sank.
With his much I have witnessed on lakes/rivers, reading this thread and many others, I think this simple one piece of paper would turn into an encyclopedia sized "ticket".
Old 08-19-2013, 05:07 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Very well stated Rockman.
Thanks!

I just hate when people brush such things under the rug and say we all have to "put up with" or "deal with" stupid people. I am so sick of hearing that...

All it takes is some a-hole to do something stupid and some incident kid getting killed because the other boat driver didn't know what the f he/she was doing. NO EXCUSE. Tell that to the kid who just lost his leg or to the parents or family of the person killed. One story about this happening per year is one too many. We have seen so many links just here on the TMC board alone this summer...too many "accidents." BS! Take responsibility for what you are doing!

Rant over.