Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2013, 12:21 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
More undercover wallys?

So had a thought yesterday. Last season it was super easy to pick out who to avoid on our lake. Typical kids in cobalts, etc. Yesterday we roll back to a fairly narrow stretch that typically has decent riding water all day. I notice a guy slaloming and hes being pulled by a pretty S&S. I was drooling over the rail for a bit. Rider goes down and bam here comes the balls out on a dime power turn. We all stare thinking the rider must be hurt. Nope he proceeds to pull the same stuff over and over.

He leaves after a few rides and we go back to riding. A few minutes later one of my riders goes down. He tweaked something and was having leg spasms. he hops up on the platform and we were letting him stretch out. Few seconds later one of the girls is screaming from the front and a guy trying to surf a DD maristar came 10' off my bow and completely swamped the boat. I'm not talking alil water......I'm talking major water. Granted I was alil out in the middle of the area but it was completely uncalled for. Dude drops and I told him the middle of the lake was a perfect place for him to do that crap and explained he just swamped me out. I was farrrrrrrrr under my normal level of yelling. Completely flips out on me and tells me to smoke something.

Anyways sorry for the rant but is anyone else dealing with the wolves in sheeps clothing? Is it the economy or just random? We haven't gone many days this summer without something stupid happening. I mean we hit the ramp to head home last night and a guy was trying to pull a 20'+ boat out with a ford flex on a nice steep, slick ramp.

BTW here is what I followed out of the ramp..................

Old 08-19-2013, 12:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214 w/ mini tower mcx
This sounds like a typical summer weekend on our local lake. There are idiots in every make and model of boat on Conroe.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Skipper

I am sure that the dude who swamped your boat said something like "it's public water I can do what I want...if you don't like it then go dig your own ski lake". Of course that was followed quickly by "want another hash brownie?".

Yeah, it doesn't matter what type of boat people are riding it all comes down to the guy behind the wheel. I am going to keep digging.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:11 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
You see all types of people in all types of boats... just saying.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to fletch_n_me
What lake are you on? I usually find my stress level goes down if I avoid the Memorial/Labor/Independence Day weekends altogether - it's the holy trinity of d-baggery.

Not throwing stones at surfers but I have had some trouble with surfers in the past usually because they had to make serious turns to keep a suitable wake - and the driver has to monitor the wake as he/she drives, which is never a good combo.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Totally uncalled for...no excuse when coming that close to another's boat, no matter what.

It should be legal for someone to beat the livin' piss out of people who do that. Maybe they will learn the hard way that there are ethics to boating.

That could have turned into a very scary situation if your tow rope was still out and the guy ran it over. Someone could have been seriously hurt.

I do not accept that EXCUSE that people just "are not aware" of what to do and what not to do when owning a boat.

To keep my blood pressure down and me out of jail, I just avoid these dbags as best as possible. Nothing else you can really do.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Nice rant. I've seen the idiots surfing behind the io before and don't even entertain the idea of watching. If you watch and there is the sudden emergency I sure would not want to feel obligated to go help out or assist on that.

So here is the ramp and dock situation at one of our local lakes. We have a huge flock of boarder bunnies that come out and fish off of the boat ramp and boat dock. There is a sign that says yeild to boaters. Since these fine people can not speak English or read, their fishing lines are out and their taco bandit arses stay in the lawn chairs. I asked one lady if I could park so we could get the boat out of the water and she just looked at me. I asked again and she says no English. I ask a 3rd time and this time I say this is a boat dock not a fishing dock, the sign says yield to boaters. Still nothing. So...... My patience wore thin. Her 9 kids and boyfriend surely could have understood but no action was taken and I tried to communicate for at least 5 min. Finally I hand my truck keys to a buddy and say we are coming in. I'm taking all of the lines with me and you go get the truck. He jumps off of the dock and she starts in about her fishing line and fully speaking English, yelling every bad word at me etc. I looked her in her eye and said "no English" and drove off. We got the boat out of the water and dried it off and removed the rats nest of fishing line. My friend said we can take it back down and give it back to her if you want. We laughed, tossed all of the fishing tackle that we had to remove in the trash and peacefully left.

Another weekend story was a bass boat aluminum job was going down the freeway. The truck stinger came out so the trailer becomes free of the truck. When the trailer tongue hits the freeway the stinger gets ripped out of the coupler. I pass the stinger in the freeway and the guy gets the entire rig to the shoulder without loosing it. Where he got some truck damage was he had the trailer rear end the truck when he stopped on the shoulder.

The Wally's are everywhere and will always be everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 08-19-2013, 01:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Stories like this make me thank my lucky stars I am on private water. I think I might give up skiing if I had to deal with these type of situations.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
You guys are at the wrong lakes. I footed at 1 pm yesterday down the main channel of our public lake.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinGA View Post
You guys are at the wrong lakes. I footed at 1 pm yesterday down the main channel of our public lake.
Zip it!