Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Thanks Wingnut. Looks good!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 M/C 205, 5.7 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Dynamite Spike- I still owe you the picture of the rear seat- Will send it tomorrow. Sorry for the brain fart
Several threads about the rear seat another is a "98 205 rear seat" also. here is another http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=44584
Old 12-04-2013, 05:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Wingnut, that link doesn't work for me.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Update 12/6- Have installed battery on/off switch and front passenger seat. Replaced engine oil pressure and clock found at a surplus store. Getting ready to start finishing touches. Awaiting replacement PERKO Flush Pro- first one had several cracks in the plastic. PERKO folks and SKIDIM folks are great- Thanks Karen and Gail. Planning to have this baby in the water running before Christmas.
DYNO- Sorry about the bum link- if you search this forum for rear seats you will find several folks have redone theier honeycomb seats.
question : Anyone got a 67" Radar Senate they wanna sell? Im suggesting christmas ideas to my wife. Smile ;-) More pictures to follow.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

12/08 update

Well its getting close, pictures of the battery switch in the glove box. Installed the rear seats, rear panels and passenger seat. Had to modify the seat rails for the driver seat but works well. Just waiting on the Flushpro and its going in the water for final tests. Fixed the fuel gauge, (bad connection) temp gauge ( bad wire in dash) and installed oil pressure gauge, Painted steering wheel and mounted, Next is rear floor panel and engine box and Should be ready to go for sea trials!!!!! Ill do a before and after pix show in a few days. Happy Holidays to all.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2013, 10:12 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
Looking great Dave! The race is on! Looks like you and I are on our way to completion. As soon as my boats done I am southbound, destination Okeeheelee, West Palm Beach FL.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 prostar 205 lt1
I am not a flush-pro fan as I also had problems with a cracked housing. I use a very simple mercruiser system that works great. http://www.michiganmotorz.com/mercru...sh-p-3334.html I got mine at boat house discount marine for half the price listed in the link. The T fitting is metal and goes in just before the raw water pump and shoots the water up into the pump. When you are done flushing and turn the motor off the water back flows through the tranny cooler and flushes any weeds back out the intake. I mounted the fitting right next to the ski pole under the engine cover. The valve opens when you connect the male and female ends together. I leave the hose turned on all the time at my dock and just pull into the boat lift, raise the engine cover and plug the fittings together to start the water flow. By the time I lift the still running boat out of the water and do a clean up the engine is done flushing. I then turn the motor off and let the water back flow out the tranny cooler for a minute or so.

Crappy picture of the mounting but just above my thumb you can see where I mounted the female valve fitting with the supplied mounting bracket. The large metal pipe fitting is simply spliced in between the tranny cooler and the raw water pump.

You are missing some excellent late season weather. A shorty wet suit and 80 degrees had me out all weekend with my other two ski buddy neighbors.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Mike, Blackcreek is right 80 degrees and beautiful are you on a boat run or ski run.!!PM me. The boats going in the water on Thursday for maiden voyage, , Blackcreek thanks for the flush tutorial, I actually was going to do something similar to what you did. However PERKO did redesign the Flushpro and encased the two halves with a clamp similar to a hose clamp. We will see how it does but initial feel is a big improvement. Yahoo!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Ok Its Done!

Well the target was to finish before Christmas and so here we are. Ill not bore you with a ton of verbiage. Before and after!
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2013, 11:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Merry Christmas!

Last set of pictures. If Santa has a 67" Radar Senate or Vice Ski out there let me know!!! Cheers Dave
Attached Images