Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 11-27-2013, 10:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 M/C 205, 5.7 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
Wingnut, how many feet of carpet did you end up needing? Was it a PIA scraping off all the old glue?
I used 21 x 7.5 ft. I was lucky because the glue was so old and exposed that it came off pretty easy. Ill pm you a photo of the seat bottom after thanksgiving. I don't have capability at this moment.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:04 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
I used 21 x 7.5 ft. I was lucky because the glue was so old and exposed that it came off pretty easy. Ill pm you a photo of the seat bottom after thanksgiving. I don't have capability at this moment.
I started pulling my carpet out today too. As with you, the glue is so old and dry it has turned to powder. So happy I won't have to spend hours scraping glue off the surface.
I've really gotten motivated after reading about your redo!
Old 11-28-2013, 12:21 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
I started pulling my carpet out today too. As with you, the glue is so old and dry it has turned to powder. So happy I won't have to spend hours scraping glue off the surface.
I have the same with my adhesive... hope to get a few more seasons out of it before I do it... How will you be getting the carped under decking.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
I have the same with my adhesive... hope to get a few more seasons out of it before I do it... How will you be getting the carped under decking.
I guess I'm going to cheat a bit. The carpet under the observer's seat and in the storage areas under the bow seats is still good...so it won't be replaced. Last night I pulled out all the carpet forward of the engine box (driver's area, walk-through and bow area). I just used a very sharp knife and cut the carpet right at the edge of the deck. It looks like I should be able to slightly tuck the new carpet in the gap between the deck and the floor.
The carpet came out in one piece so I will have good templates to use. If I'm not too stuffed with turkey, I'll continue with rest tonight!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Post Thanksgiving update 12/2

Well back at it after eating too much Turkey. Workied on small engine challenges and found three problems. 1) the distributor cap had no continuity between coil and rotor button. Weird. Ignition trigger went kaput and had a fuel bubble in the fuel line. with the help of Tony Davis, fixed those and VAAAROOOOM. Like a champ. Alignment looked OK so decided to stick it in the water to see if I have any leaks- So backed it in and looks good cept I had followed the old pictures for Shift linkage. WRONG. The PO had hooked it up backwards. (Doesn't surprise me based upon the original condition of the boat) Well I decided to launch it to check out alignment and other stuff just idling around. All is good - heck even half of the gauges worked. But docking with shift linkage reversed was interesting- So It was a happy day- I'm on the home stretch- Got some tightning, cleaning squaring away and then it will be done!!!
I will say I do not have alot of positive things to say about the redesign of the Sureflow flushers by PERKO- Leaks right out of the box. Later Winging it by WINGNUT
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2013, 09:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Dynamite - Great Im glad its had a positive influence- Good luck- I really have learned a ton from the folks on this forum. Wingnut
Old 12-02-2013, 09:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Dynamite Spike- I still owe you the picture of the rear seat- Will send it tomorrow. Sorry for the brain fart
Old 12-02-2013, 11:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Dynamite Spike- I still owe you the picture of the rear seat- Will send it tomorrow. Sorry for the brain fart
No problem, Wingnut....I guess we've all been busy this past weekend.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
Another Mastercraft SAVED!!! It looks great.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Rear seat PIX

Dyno here are the pictures of the rear seat redo- 3/4 CDX plywood fiberglass coated with reinforcing 1x1 aluminum bar across- as I mentioned some folks have screwed in a center support to help the seat from busting when stepped on in the center as most folks are apt to do. Myself included.
Attached Images