Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2015, 10:03 PM
jchung6287 jchung6287 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Xstar 330 LTR
Location: midwest
Posts: 7
2000 x star

http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/5147061617.html

seats are cracked and gauges dont work. single axle shorelandr trailer.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2015, 10:19 PM
MC25's Avatar
MC25 MC25 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 2011 X25, 85 S&S
Location: DFDUB
Posts: 6,959
Not an x star/205v though. That's a nice wrap, glws
__________________
-Aric

2011 X25-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2015, 10:28 PM
jchung6287 jchung6287 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Xstar 330 LTR
Location: midwest
Posts: 7
i dont know what that means! im a total newb
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2015, 10:39 PM
jcbatt's Avatar
jcbatt jcbatt is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 2015 MasterCraft X-23
Location: CT
Posts: 120
I think he's a potential buyer looking for advice... on price, etc. I responded to him via PM, but I am sure others may have good advice to share.
__________________
2015 MasterCraft X-23 - 6.2L, Loaded; Will be available for sale late summer 2015 at http://www.kentroad.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2015, 10:53 PM
el Dax's Avatar
el Dax el Dax is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2015
Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1996, 3fiddy
Location: Wichita
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Not an x star/205v though. That's a nice wrap, glws
This.

He means it's not an x-star...regardless of the decals it's been wrapped in. Not that it's a bad boat...but it's just not an x-star. You can put a Lexas badge on a Toyota...still a Toyota.

Not that I'm "poo poo-ing" the boat, it's a nice boat. My opinion, 18-20k...if everything works.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2015, 11:06 PM
jchung6287 jchung6287 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Xstar 330 LTR
Location: midwest
Posts: 7
yeah potential buyer... just looking to get on some water and have good family fun... that boat seems solid just wanting to make sure i know what im getting and not get the shaft...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-16-2015, 11:07 PM
jchung6287 jchung6287 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Xstar 330 LTR
Location: midwest
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by el Dax View Post
This.

He means it's not an x-star...regardless of the decals it's been wrapped in. Not that it's a bad boat...but it's just not an x-star. You can put a Lexas badge on a Toyota...still a Toyota.

Not that I'm "poo poo-ing" the boat, it's a nice boat. My opinion, 18-20k...if everything works.
good to know... 18 sounds better to me but i dont think hell budge... maybe i just wait and sit if he doesnt
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-16-2015, 11:11 PM
CheeseSteak1's Avatar
CheeseSteak1 CheeseSteak1 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: 2009 X30 MCX / 2003 X2 MCX
Location: Midwest
Posts: 479
What engine, does it have an integrated ballast system, why is it wrapped, does everything work, perfect pass, ect, ect, ect. Not enough info to provide input on his asking price. I will say that a wrapped boat could have gel coat issues you'll discover when the wrap gets trashed.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-16-2015, 11:19 PM
jchung6287 jchung6287 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Xstar 330 LTR
Location: midwest
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseSteak1 View Post
What engine, does it have an integrated ballast system, why is it wrapped, does everything work, perfect pass, ect, ect, ect. Not enough info to provide input on his asking price. I will say that a wrapped boat could have gel coat issues you'll discover when the wrap gets trashed.
yeah the more and more i think i dont know if i want to go ahead with the purchase... not everything works, no integrated ballast system, no perfect pass. he just says that he got it from another guy in texas. he said he has had it since the spring and hasnt put many hours on it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-16-2015, 11:53 PM
CheeseSteak1's Avatar
CheeseSteak1 CheeseSteak1 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: 2009 X30 MCX / 2003 X2 MCX
Location: Midwest
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchung6287 View Post
yeah the more and more i think i dont know if i want to go ahead with the purchase... not everything works, no integrated ballast system, no perfect pass. he just says that he got it from another guy in texas. he said he has had it since the spring and hasnt put many hours on it.
I would suggest you walk away from this one. He hasn't had it very long and his ad is ridiculous. Look for ads that leave little questions to ask the owner. Detailed disclosure off the bat is a good sign of a MCOCD owner. Be patient because you're about to enter a good time of the year to buy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.