Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Watersports Equipment

Old 08-15-2013, 10:20 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: homemade
Vintage Ski Value?

Hi folks,
New member here just looking for info on some vintage skis I salvaged yesterday.
I picked them up thinking I could re-use them in a project vehicle I'm making... but after looking closer at them I realized they were pretty old and from Cypress Gardens, which I think was like a ski-mecca.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post a question, or the wrong forum altogether!

Basically, I have these 3:

and I want to know if they have any collectible value, at all.
Any info you guys/gals can provide would be great. Thank you!!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:01 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Depending on the binding rubber and overall condition, some of the combo sets of Dick Pope Cypress Gardens skis are going on ebay for upward of $150 (that is for the really good examples). If they are banged up, unskiable wall art, they will fetch a lot less.

I consider flat bottom wooden skis with big metal fins to be excellent trainer skis. I like them better than the wide trainer skis because they ride better once you are up on them. But the ones you can actually ride seem to be harder to find.

Of yours, I recognize the Mustang. I don't know that I have ever seen a ramp master or Acapulco.

I paid about $90 delivered for a newer combo pair of 59" CG wooden skis. My son has been learning to slalom on one of them.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:39 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: homemade
Thank you very much for the info. I saw some of those models listed on eBay, but not really knowing anything about water skiing or skis, I didn't know if it was reasonable to compare what I have to those.
It sounds like they're worth more to me by selling them than if I cut them up for my project...

Thanks again!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
If you will ship them, I may be interested. I paid $75 for a pair of Cypress Garden skis last year that are hanging on my cabin wall. Shoot me a pm if interested.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:03 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 Pro Star
Ramp Master

Hi Landon,

I am interested in the blue Ramp Master if it is still available. I am looking to do a series of vintage photos using original Cypress Gardens equipment. This won't be going on a wall or made into a wine rack. It needs to ride again! Please contact me by email
ironmanskier at gmail dot com. Thanks!

Tony Klarich

Last edited by skihound; 08-16-2014 at 05:04 AM. Reason: bad image
Old 08-16-2014, 11:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Barts water sports has a collection of old skis in their show room. I took a picture of the Ramp masters when I was there. The info card next to them stated they they almost put the company out of business because of massive warranty claims from breakage.
Attached Images