Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2013, 04:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
I wipe it down after every use with Boat Candy Speed Gloss.

I swapped from Boat Bling Hot Sauce to the BC Speed Gloss this year and its a world of difference that I can truly notice. The Hot sauce worked great on hard water spots. Way better than the Babes. I didn't think it could be beat. Have the Speed Gloss a shot after a friend gae me a sample. Holy crap. The Speed Gloss attacks the hard water spots just as easily but really leaves a coat of wax that is super noticeable. The Hot Sauce used to streak from time to time on hot days but the speed gloss does not. The other benefit I noticed was that after using the speed gloss the water really will not "set up". I have much less hard water spots at the end of the day and I could get away with just a towel it holds up so well.

Stuff ain't cheap. The Boat Candy and Boat bling stuff cost about the same. So if I am on a weekend trip I usually will just use 50/50 vin water or a 30/70 vin water (just depends in the water I am traveling to) if we are in an out a ton and then on final day hit it with the speed gloss.

For the interior I use each companies spray product. Teu both have a light conditioner and protectant built into their vinyl cleaner Both the Boat Bling and Boat Candy stuff seems to work identical for me. For tough stains I use Totally Awesome Cleaner. It can be had for a 1 at the Dollar Store. Works awesome. Very similar if not almost identical to a high end detail product called Malco. For a dollar you can't beat it.

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun
Old 08-14-2013, 05:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-45
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
I wipe it down after every use with Boat Candy Speed Gloss.

I swapped from Boat Bling Hot Sauce to the BC Speed Gloss this year and its a world of difference that I can truly notice. The Hot sauce worked great on hard water spots. Way better than the Babes. I didn't think it could be beat. Have the Speed Gloss a shot after a friend gae me a sample. Holy crap. The Speed Gloss attacks the hard water spots just as easily but really leaves a coat of wax that is super noticeable. The Hot Sauce used to streak from time to time on hot days but the speed gloss does not. The other benefit I noticed was that after using the speed gloss the water really will not "set up". I have much less hard water spots at the end of the day and I could get away with just a towel it holds up so well.

Stuff ain't cheap. The Boat Candy and Boat bling stuff cost about the same. So if I am on a weekend trip I usually will just use 50/50 vin water or a 30/70 vin water (just depends in the water I am traveling to) if we are in an out a ton and then on final day hit it with the speed gloss.

For the interior I use each companies spray product. Teu both have a light conditioner and protectant built into their vinyl cleaner Both the Boat Bling and Boat Candy stuff seems to work identical for me. For tough stains I use Totally Awesome Cleaner. It can be had for a 1 at the Dollar Store. Works awesome. Very similar if not almost identical to a high end detail product called Malco. For a dollar you can't beat it.
Wish I would have read this earlier this week. I LOVE the Boat bling products.. I tried babes and if it wasn't so expensive I would have tossed it didn't work nearly as well so I had about the same experience. I have a black hull so it is noticeable. I just ordered more Bling though. Next order I will try the boat candy. Might pick up some anyway to compare.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplander View Post
Rockman - I feel better after seeing your picture. I thought I had a bunch of stuff but you win. very nice set-up

trick from fellow boaters, use a white vinegar and water mix in a spray bottle (70% water 30% vinegar), spray side of boat after done and use chamos to dry. It will remove water spots and scum. Works great and is super cheap.

I carry a 5 gallon bucket in my truck with all cleaning supplies and it is always ready when I need it
Yep, just like this?
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2013, 05:41 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Rockman, you're gonna be on the 1st episode of boating hoarders?

Great set up man
LOL...I think they will be knocking on the door once we get the 3rd MC in the garage...
Old 08-14-2013, 06:05 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Rob View Post
Wish I would have read this earlier this week. I LOVE the Boat bling products.. I tried babes and if it wasn't so expensive I would have tossed it didn't work nearly as well so I had about the same experience. I have a black hull so it is noticeable. I just ordered more Bling though. Next order I will try the boat candy. Might pick up some anyway to compare.
Yea. I reallly thought I had it made with the boat Bling. Their stuff was awesome. Then my friend did me in. I hate him and love him for it because like you at the time I just had out my order in for boat bling. So I ended up forgoing the vin/water solution on the busy trips to blow thru the boat bling a bit quicker. Sad I know , but hey the boat never looked better. As with the Boat Bling, BC offers a discount code to forum members as well so call them up.

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun
Old 08-14-2013, 06:17 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
Yea. I reallly thought I had it made with the boat Bling. Their stuff was awesome. Then my friend did me in. I hate him and love him for it because like you at the time I just had out my order in for boat bling. So I ended up forgoing the vin/water solution on the busy trips to blow thru the boat bling a bit quicker. Sad I know , but hey the boat never looked better. As with the Boat Bling, BC offers a discount code to forum members as well so call them up.
Where did you get the BB from? How high was the pricing?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:32 PM
MC Devotee

Rock,

I ordered both the products straight from MFG. As you know boat specific detail products are scarce around here except for Babes or Ducky. It ends up being 10% off. Both companies are priced pretty similar. Off the top of my head i cant recall who was more, but it was like a 5-7 dollar difference for a gallon of the speed gloss and gallon of vinyl stuff vs the same of Hot Sauce and Vinyl Sauce. Usually at beginning of season they will offer up a more discounted group buy scenario that ends up being more like 20%. The shipping is the killer. If you ever find yourself up north let me know and I can give ya some of the Boat Candy stuff to try out. Oh and BTW it truly does smell like candy. Hahaha

Old 08-14-2013, 06:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Maristar 200VRS X2
What kind of towel do you use for the Boat Bling or Babes?

I current use an "Absorber" chamose type towel, can I use it with BB or Babes or use a microfiber?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:39 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 ProStar 190 & 2006 X9
Just a shoutout reminder to empty the bilge/ballast tanks and check the bottom of the hull so as to not spread invasive species!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
The one additional thing I do is pull most of the seat cushions. We end up with so much water in the boat, that the gap between cushions (or between the seat base and the seat back) gets wet and stays wet, contributing to mildew growth on/in the vinyl.