Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2013, 01:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambamski1 View Post
There is a reason this boat is no longer in the MC lineup
It did win the riders choice award almost every year it was out. It's not a surf boat by any means, but it was the best of the best wakeboard boats. The old star is a wakeboard boat! Not a surf boat
Old 08-11-2013, 01:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
FYI... I agree with all said, and I happen to have an 2011 X2 for sale. Good all around family boat. If you are interested shoot me a pm.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
The 25's wakeboard wake isn't that far off from the Stars at all. It just has a bit shorter transition and a more abrupt lip. It's pretty darn close to that 03-11 Star without a doubt. I could see a pro really noticing and and really needing the longer tranny, but for your average joes like me it's really really close. The wake is just a bit different. Both can get humongo with weight. I also think the 25's is just a touch narrower. I run an 80ft line in that and a 75 foot on the 08 star I ride both at 24.7mph.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

I think the x-star is a super sexy boat and throws a really nice wake. As everyone has said it's not much of a surf boat but can be done. Thing about a star is its tiny in the cabin compared to most other boats in the MC line. The x-25 and even x-15 are much bigger feeling in their cabins.
The x-25 is pretty close to the star wake with factory. Thing with the x-25 though is the more weight you put in the steeper it gets and more finicky it gets to weight and speed. The star not so much but the star does get more abrupt the more weight you add. Some people(new riders or beginners) don't really like the abruptness or take some time getting used to it.

Really the best all around boat I think in the MC lineup in 2009 was probably the x-15. Very consistent wakeboard wake and surfs pretty decent an can even ski it.

Another thing you might consider is all MC 4pt towers are a major major pain in the rear to fold!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:43 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
It's all personal opinion. The star is a one hit wonder that had great marketing. Probably the worst stock wake of any boat i've ever ridden behind. Loaded and i mean yiou have to load it 3 k over stock it starts to get ok. Have fun getting it on plane. Still no lip no real pop imo. I prefer a wake that is steaper and has pop to it. 205v, san210, x-25. When i'm at my buddies cabin that has the star i just skate behind it now. I like the straight up pop for my inverts.

Surfing is just a big mushy wave on the port side and is completely useless on the starboard.

Not a fan
Old 08-11-2013, 10:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
Quote:
It's all personal opinion. The star is a one hit wonder that had great marketing. Probably the worst stock wake of any boat i've ever ridden behind. Loaded and i mean yiou have to load it 3 k over stock it starts to get ok. Have fun getting it on plane. Still no lip no real pop imo. I prefer a wake that is steaper and has pop to it. 205v, san210, x-25. When i'm at my buddies cabin that has the star i just skate behind it now. I like the straight up pop for my inverts.

Surfing is just a big mushy wave on the port side and is completely useless on the starboard.

Not a fan
The star doesn't have pop with 3k over stock? Maybe you should learn how to wakeboard.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
I would agree with bamb to certain extent

It's just a different pop. I equate the Stars wake to launching off a snowboard kicker. It's real nice, smooth, predictable n hard. It's next to impossible to blow through. The landings are just as smooth down the long tranny. You really need to wait and just lanch it. It took me a while to get used to at first coming from the steeper wakes. The wakes he mentions do have more snap. They really load up you knees and give you a quick snap, with bit more straight up pop. For me that instant feedback lets me know to throw my trick, where again I have to wait for the release off the longer tranny of the Star because my knees don't load up as quickly. It's a completely different feel. All personal preference.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:

Not a fan
Really? You must be a pro rider. 3k ballast in any boat is massive.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:06 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:

Not a fan
Ok so you're saying the wake "starts to get ok" with a total of 4K lbs. Not true.
Have fun getting it on plane? Not true, get the correct prop.

Here's mine with only 2K lbs. TOTAL BALLAST and 6 people on board. MCX engine with 14.25 X 14.5 prop.
Just my opinion, but the wake looks pretty good to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLNMpwx_BE
Old 08-11-2013, 11:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '99 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydave View Post
Ok so you're saying the wake "starts to get ok" with a total of 4K lbs. Not true.
Have fun getting it on plane? Not true, get the correct prop.

Here's mine with only 2K lbs. TOTAL BALLAST and 6 people on board. MCX engine with 14.25 X 14.5 prop.
Just my opinion, but the wake looks pretty good to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLNMpwx_BE
Wake looks good to me!