Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > Wanted to Buy

Old 08-10-2013, 10:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwild View Post
Saw this one today and may call on it. Did MC actually have orange on the bottom as a gel coat scheme or do you think it has been bottom painted? Anything look out of the ordinary to you guys?

http://www.myboatpro.com/brokered_bo...xville-tn.html
the orange is gelcoat!

not bad looking!
Old 08-11-2013, 12:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmikler View Post
As I recall there is/was orange. my boat is the similar color scheme except for the orange hull- I have white. I took off that tribal sticker and I think my boat looks so clean and classic- about an hour of work but you know that from your other boat i am sure. Sure you noticed it but when the put the x package on that 230 they didn't add ballast as far as i can tell . The panel under the throttle has no switches

Looks clean.
Ah crap, you're right. I forgot they didn't have ballast most the maristars. I keep thinking that all the newer MC's have them.

And I definitely like the clean look over the tribal...if I find a boat with one, I'm going to order a raised Mastercraft emblem and take tribal off.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x30
Quote:
Ah crap, you're right. I forgot they didn't have ballast most the maristars. I keep thinking that all the newer MC's have them.

And I definitely like the clean look over the tribal...if I find a boat with one, I'm going to order a raised Mastercraft emblem and take tribal off.
I was going to do the same but waited to see what the boat looked like after taking it off. I ended up really liking just the smaller Mastercraft in the back corners. I think it looks great and understated. (I always liked sleepers) In short, take it off look at it for a couple of days and see if it grows on you like it did me- If you do you save hundreds of $.

Crappy cell phone pick from today.... And forgive the trailer fenders- Haven't made it there with some compound yet.
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2013, 05:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Pmikler, your boat does look good without it. Really like the color scheme.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:57 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Noticed you were looking too Ryan. What are you shopping for?
Depends on which way the wind is blowing. Some days I want a 197, others a X30. Overall, I want a good crossover with room for my fam of 6 and am aiming for a X9, X10, CC SV-211, BU VTX... and a few more in my list of 40+ specific models that I'd enjoy.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Kinda sounds like me before my first boat. After having the maristar 230 I cant picture having a smaller boat now though.