Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > Wanted to Buy

Old 08-10-2013, 11:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
You should see more '06 & '07s as I think the average purchase cycle is 5ish years. Plus, there aren't very many '08-'09s from any brand as the economy took a dive and unit volume dropped significantly. Many of the 'spend 100% of your cash flow' croud stopped buying/couldn't get loans, dealerships vanished and reduced distrution and access for people to buy boats. What's tough is the substantial price jump for '08+ boats. A few years of double digit price increases sure didn't help unit sales. MC held better than others.
Yeah i wasn't even thinking about the market back then. Hard to sell a $70-80K boat in that environment.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwild View Post
I had seen that one. Something about it just doesn't seem right . Some sites have it at $49K and then that one at $38K
Maybe. No interior shots so that may be where the problem lies. I will say that I bought my 06 x30 1.5 years ago at that price. Had all the service records, 245 hours, but it was blasted by the sun. I think that was why it was so low. 10 hours of buffing later looks like new. 80 hours later no problems. Anyway it might be worth a call. Mine was also from Texas (I'm in FL)and I had the seller take it down to the local mastercraft dealer to do an inspection that paid for. It was worth it because It needed a strut and a ballast pump. PO paid for those repairs.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:15 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmikler View Post
Maybe. No interior shots so that may be where the problem lies. I will say that I bought my 06 x30 1.5 years ago at that price. Had all the service records, 245 hours, but it was blasted by the sun. I think that was why it was so low. 10 hours of buffing later looks like new. 80 hours later no problems. Anyway it might be worth a call. Mine was also from Texas (I'm in FL)and I had the seller take it down to the local mastercraft dealer to do an inspection that paid for. It was worth it because It needed a strut and a ballast pump. PO paid for those repairs.
Good move. I've called on a few far-away boats lately and none are reasonably close to a dealer. Glad that worked out for ya. Did you pick the boat up or have it shipped?

Could that X-30 in Texas be priced lower due to the purple side decals?
Old 08-10-2013, 02:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Love the look of Skyskiguy's white one. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=54684

Looked at pics of Dallas one and it has some gelcoat damage to the front of it. Wonder how hard it's been ridden.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Good move. I've called on a few far-away boats lately and none are reasonably close to a dealer. Glad that worked out for ya. Did you pick the boat up or have it shipped?

Could that X-30 in Texas be priced lower due to the purple side decals?

Had it shipped and it was a nightmare. Others have had good experiences but not me. Real long story but it took 4 weeks to get to me.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:44 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmikler View Post
Had it shipped and it was a nightmare. Others have had good experiences but not me. Real long story but it took 4 weeks to get to me.
Woah. That's nuts. I've had good success with Uship.com (reputations to uphold). I was a little anxious the first time after a relo issue where a driver was way late, broke all sorts of laws and threatened me with a tire-iron when he did show up for no reason at all. His thick Russian accent only added to the drama.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Noticed you were looking too Ryan. What are you shopping for?
Old 08-10-2013, 07:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Saw this one today and may call on it. Did MC actually have orange on the bottom as a gel coat scheme or do you think it has been bottom painted? Anything look out of the ordinary to you guys?

http://www.myboatpro.com/brokered_bo...xville-tn.html
Old 08-10-2013, 09:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Woah. That's nuts. I've had good success with Uship.com (reputations to uphold). I was a little anxious the first time after a relo issue where a driver was way late, broke all sorts of laws and threatened me with a tire-iron when he did show up for no reason at all. His thick Russian accent only added to the drama.
Short version-

Boat gets picked up from Dallas and drives to Houston with a borrowed truck (pieced that together after) because his was broken down. He took the u ship money to fix his truck which never happened. Puts boat at storage facility. Stopped answering his phone. Called from different numbers and he would hang up. Storage facility was not up to date and about to claim the boat.

New shipper picks it up- axle goes somewhere in Louisiana along with a rim that shot off in the woods- He leaves limps to a shop it get repaired and heads on.

5th week or so Previous owner of the boat flies to LA picks up boat with rental truck i start driving from Orlando- meet him in Tallahassee at 2 in the morning- get home at 6:30am

There was a lot of other things in between there that had me flipping out.

Never again.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwild View Post
Saw this one today and may call on it. Did MC actually have orange on the bottom as a gel coat scheme or do you think it has been bottom painted? Anything look out of the ordinary to you guys?

http://www.myboatpro.com/brokered_bo...xville-tn.html
As I recall there is/was orange. my boat is the similar color scheme except for the orange hull- I have white. I took off that tribal sticker and I think my boat looks so clean and classic- about an hour of work but you know that from your other boat i am sure. Sure you noticed it but when the put the x package on that 230 they didn't add ballast as far as i can tell . The panel under the throttle has no switches

Looks clean.