Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 - 350 TBI Predator, 1:1, 13x11.5 OJ 3-Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
A V drive version of this boat at 20 feet with a tower and plumbed ballast in the 70-75k range would be on my radar in the future.
Is this not the PS214V? Or the X-10 in a few years?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:06 AM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
The short line wake was already good on the 197. The issue was the long line and slow speeds which other ski boats are much better. The 15-28 at 34 sucks compared to the cc and carbon pro. No experience withe the txi as I haven't seen one at a tournament.

I like it so far. I'm betting its dialed in. Can't wait to ski it next season.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:13 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
Is there an analog option for the dash, and any pics of the rear seat/trunk/stepover?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:22 AM
chriscraftmatt1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCVOLS View Post
I heard that when you buy one, MC reserves the right to take it back if you attempt to surf with it.😉

Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '07 X45 LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouyhead View Post
Is there an analog option for the dash, and any pics of the rear seat/trunk/stepover?
Inquiring minds want to know.

You look like I need a beer!

2001 Prostar 195 Sold

2007 X45 LY6
Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS190
"Okay... I have a question about this new open bow/closed bow concept? In the closed bow mode... what is storage like? Aren't there seats under that cover? How effective of a storage area will it be? If it is not effective storage as the traditional closed bow then I have to question this concept a little. Is this option something that MC did to save them money on production costs, I wonder? As a closed bow bigot I admit I am encouraged by the option of increasing my seating in the Prostar but @ the expense of losing all my traditional storage? I'm not sure the option would be worth it to me. (Items I currently store under my closed bow, life jackets, blankets,towels, anchors(2) spot lights(2),paddle(never used , multiple ropes,skis, heatercore, fire extinguisher, tool kit, anything else guests bring on the boat that we want to keep dry.) So that list is long and distinguished...how will that all fit in this new option bow concept?"

Last edited by flya750; 08-08-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a Mastercraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by flya750 View Post
"Okay... I have a question about this new open bow/closed bow concept? In the closed bow mode... what is storage like? Aren't there seats under that cover? How effective of a storage area will it be? If it is not effective storage as the traditional closed bow then I have to question this concept a little. Is this option something that MC did to save them money on production costs, I wonder? As a closed bow bigot I admit I am encouraged by the option of increasing my seating in the Prostar but @ the expense of losing all my traditional storage? I'm not sure the option would be worth it to me. (Items I currently store under my closed bow, life jackets, blankets,towels, anchors(2) spot lights(2),paddle(never used , multiple ropes,skis, heatercore, fire extinguisher, tool kit, anything else guests bring on the boat that we want to keep dry.) So that list is long and distinguished...how will that all fit in this new option bow concept?"
It's been posted here and in the press release that the front seats are removable.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:14 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodltg2 View Post
The 15-28 at 34 sucks compared to the cc and carbon pro. No experience withe the txi as I haven't seen one at a tournament
Anyone that can't complete the slalom course behind the current 197 can not blame the boat, the wake or anything other than themselves, the conditions or the driver. The current 197 skis awesome at all line lengths and speeds.

Fix the form, not the boat

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 08-08-2013, 12:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS190
Oh Okay... well that would help with the storage.. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk13 View Post
It's been posted here and in the press release that the front seats are removable.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:13 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Anyone that can't complete the slalom course behind the current 197 can not blame the boat, the wake or anything other than themselves, the conditions or the driver. The current 197 skis awesome at all line lengths and speeds.

Fix the form, not the boat
tell that to the junior skiers who ski at 26-30.

no need to worry now anyway, they changed the boat!