Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2014, 04:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: between boats
Thanks for stopping in Starman! Glad you liked the boat, can't wait for the lakes to thaw to get you out on the water!
Old 02-01-2014, 03:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
I was able to ski behind the new prostar this week while on vacation near Orlando. Hooked up with Brooks Wilson at the boarding school, which is on the east side of Orlando, for a couple of lessons. I skied at 28 mph and the difference between the wake on this boat and the wake on my boat at this speed is night and day. The wake is so small and soft, unbelievable.

There was also a pretty sweet 2014 Xstar sitting on its trailer and a bare Xstar hull sitting at the site. When we asked Travis Moye what they were doing with the hull he replied "we are going to do something special with it".

If you are looking for a place to ski or board in the Orlando area, check out the boarding school - beautiful spot with two fantastic boats and not to mention some fantastic coaches/people in Travis and Brooks. A bonus for us northerners, I didn't see a single gator at the site!
Old 02-01-2014, 03:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
I sat in the boat last night and Midwest's booth and I gotta say I was impressed . Beautiful boat ,well laid out , love the touch screen . The only thing the jury is out on for me is the windshield at the rear edge . It looks like you could get seriously hurt banging into it crossing waves . I was also impressed with Midwest's booth . Their people were friendly and took the time to go over the Prostar with me even though it was obvious I was not in the market for a new boat . They also had an H.O. rep there and he spent a lot of time going over the redesigned a3 with us that it sounds like H.O. should be calling the a4
thanks again Midwest for making the Minneapolis boat show worth while .
Old 02-03-2014, 01:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190, LTR 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I almost like it. It looks like it has a really easy folding design. It's got a some organic-industrial movement in the design that I like, but wish it looked like it was swept back.

I'm hung up on the forward sweeping bar. I can't quite get over the original tige tower with a forward sweeping front bar. When did that come out, '99? I wonder what it would look like with one top bar (but see the structural benefit of having two) or at least a second bar that's swept back. Forgive my bad work in paint. I really liked the improvement from '12 to '13 ZFT4 towers and thing the same shift from up-right to swept look would help a lot here. But what do I know?
I've been missing the updates on this thread somehow... just saw the photos of the new tower for the first time. At first glance I thought it looked good (as far as 2 point towers go) but maybe a little too upright.

Ryan, I'm surprised no one commented on your artwork. I like your 2 bar version, it would be an improvement on what MC made.

I'm looking forward seeing the new tower with bimini, and some pics of the boat on the water with tower, bimini, and racks.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McKevin View Post

I'm looking forward seeing the new tower with bimini, and some pics of the boat on the water with tower, bimini, and racks.
I'm not sure they are offering racks or tower bimini. The tower is designed to be easily removed so to have a tower mounted bimini may defeat the purpose.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:29 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
Got to see the new Prostar at the Seattle Boat show on Saturday-very impressed! Better yet spent about 1/2 hour with Marcus Brown going over every design detail.
Funny thing happened at the show. Stopped by the Malibu display first. After glancing at all of their wake boats I asked him and if they had a DD ski boat at the show. The guy looked at me funny and said, you better go over to MasterCraft!
Old 02-03-2014, 02:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I'm not sure they are offering racks or tower bimini. The tower is designed to be easily removed so to have a tower mounted bimini may defeat the purpose.
The windshield mounted bimini sits just below the tower (within approx 6"), no reason for a tower mounted bimini on this boat. There was no racks on the boarding school prostar although, the ski racks inside the boat are really slick.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Good point John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19_Skier View Post
The windshield mounted bimini sits just below the tower (within approx 6"), no reason for a tower mounted bimini on this boat. There was no racks on the boarding school prostar although, the ski racks inside the boat are really slick.
Thanks 19, from the photos posted it looked like the 2 couldn't coexist. That's sweet that they work together. Our boat show is this weekend, hopefully I can make it down to check it out in person.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

not the best angle but gives you an idea of how it looks:
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2014, 06:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Yup, I'd buy one of those!