I don't think so.
That's my understanding as well.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:50 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk13 View Post
No.

That's just the center section and it's recessed into the fiberglass. The full wrap and BTS windshields are on flat decks.
After I win the lottery I'm going to order one and make them make me a full windshield with a new dimensions mini tower on it.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 12-22-2013, 05:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
After I win the lottery I'm going to order one and make them make me a full windshield with a new dimensions mini tower on it.
Who is this?? Is this the real Captain Planet or has he been hacked??

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 12-22-2013, 06:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a Mastercraft
Quote:
I'd love to see it!

Maybe router a channel in the fiberglass for the rubber and glass to sit down in. Meaning do the bottom of the glass "frameless".

But I really don't mind the way it is now. Especially with the bimini mount. That ND tower photoshop sure looks good too. I guess what I'm saying is I really like this boat!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS 197
Subjective argument about the tower, I for one do not mind the look of it but it is not quite right. They've rushed it. I could be overanalysing but it looks as though they were on the money with the angle of what I'll call the main bar but couldn't get the required strength without the additional 'scaffolding'. This I think gives it the confused look and perhaps it's little too spaghetti like appearance. Given the design cues I think there are a number of options possible. I do not think a four post design ahead of the screen is one of those.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:50 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Who is this?? Is this the real Captain Planet or has he been hacked??
Yea, I know, Ive made my stand on towers, but these days with the kids and friends my skylon has been up more than down....so I'm willing to concede a tower.......but only a mini, and that is under protest!

Just to set the record straight, I love the boat. I'd like to see a full windshield but I have yet to sit in one so I'll hold judgement until I get to see one in person.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 12-22-2013, 10:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-10 6.0
Quote:

Just to set the record straight, I love the boat. I'd like to see a full windshield but I have yet to sit in one so I'll hold judgement until I get to see one in person.
Boat house had theirs covered up, but did see the one at Cincinnati MC yesterday. I agree with you that the boat would look much much better with a full windshield, but on the flip side the boat is so bad *** that you just about overlook that flaw. It could be lived with once you do physically see it.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:22 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraft13 View Post
Boat house had theirs covered up, but did see the one at Cincinnati MC yesterday. I agree with you that the boat would look much much better with a full windshield, but on the flip side the boat is so bad *** that you just about overlook that flaw. It could be lived with once you do physically see it.

We'll get to see the Boat House Marine ProStar during their show the weekend of January 18th. I can see myself spending a lot of time in that boat that day.

Sent from my New iPad Mini using Tapatalk

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 12-23-2013, 04:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X7
Send a message via AIM to Tony Webb
[quote=captain planet;1000349]Yea, I know, Ive made my stand on towers, but these days with the kids and friends my skylon has been up more than down....so I'm willing to concede a tower.......but only a mini, and that is under protest!

I am with you captain, I love the new boat and Hey I might never even ski in a course but I LOVE nice things like the new MC PS 2014 and how every thing works when you want it to work but I will only ever have the full height tower, but hey sometimes the HQ listens to their punters....and they may build a true MC tower....
Old 01-03-2014, 08:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 197TT
Captain, i was skeptical about the windshield as well, but after seeing it in person and sitting in the boat at Midwest Mastercraft yesterday it really looks good on the boat. Can't wait to ski behind it!

Quote:
Yea, I know, Ive made my stand on towers, but these days with the kids and friends my skylon has been up more than down....so I'm willing to concede a tower.......but only a mini, and that is under protest!

PREVIOUS BOAT:1993 Prostar 205