Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by flya750 View Post
Yes.. I imagine the 197 has a heater core option.. but we are not talking about the 197 are we? Keep up!
Let me explain further:

The 197 offered a heater as an option, this means they managed to figure out how to mount a heater core and run lines through this boat. The new Prostar is a similar style boat, and does not appear to have less room to mount a heater core than the 197.

Logic would suggest that if the engineers at Mastercraft figured out how to mount a heater in a 197, it is unfathomable they have not figured out how to mount one in the new Prostar. It is equally unfathomable that Mastercraft would suddenly decide that they did not want to offer a heater as an option in a new boat. This is why no one answered your question, it doesn't follow logic (or they don't care about heaters).

I have a heater in my 190 (I find it as essential as you do) and would want one in a new boat. However, I have no doubt that the new Prostar will have that option available and will not be loosing sleep over it.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:53 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Let the bashings begin, but I wonder what the new Mini Tower will look like on the "pickle spork".
I'm sure others, me included, have wondered the same thing.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Yes.. I imagine the 197 has a heater core option.. but we are not talking about the 197 are we? Keep up!
I'm betting dimes to donuts that the 190's coming up north will have a heater core... no reason it won't be available to others as well.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob View Post
Holy crap, spotlights, blankets and night vision? You are doing a ton more on your boat than I do with mine. fact is if I could put 4 ski's in my bow, I would not. Three maybe. I know one thing my gunnels are good for a flag, light pole and a couple of vests. Never, ever been able to put one ski let alone three in the gunnels. If the racks hold four ski's screw the bow. Just saying my 93 190 with two anchors, spotlights, fishing gear, stripper pole would not have enough room for one ski let alone a skier.
Yes, let's not forget the fishing gear AND stripper pole....
1993 ProStar 190 Star & Stripes - Sold
Old 08-21-2013, 05:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS190
One thing we have not discussed much is the cost factor.

Mastercraft doesn't only desire to build better boats than it's competitors. They also have to build a boat that will break the love affair that many current boat owners have with their current boats.

The new 2014 Prostar is a freaking beautiful boat...but my garage spot is full and my IRA needs max donations as does my gas fund. (Let's be real) Perhaps the boat manufacturers should focus more on great ski boats for $35k ? Just sayin' Bottom line...I could never buy a new Prostar.. I simply could never afford one. Unlike back in 1997 - I was able to buy new boat. MC seems to want to build only the best and charge the most. So be it.. I'm out.. I will keep my boat forever...It is just the way it will be
Old 08-21-2013, 05:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

I did not question as to if the new Prostar had the heater option. I believe I specifically asked where does it mount in the new Prostar? Where does the venting get routed? Since I am a CB bigot.. I am so soo not interested in a MC - PS197... I have never seen a heater core installed in a 197. Sorry.

BTW...None of my questions have been ridiculous...what is this forum for?

I seemingly belong to a dying market share.. a short line skier who wants to maximize the family and friends boating experience.. That is the boat I will buy..period. I would quit skiing if I had to ski behind a X15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Let me explain further:

The 197 offered a heater as an option, this means they managed to figure out how to mount a heater core and run lines through this boat. The new Prostar is a similar style boat, and does not appear to have less room to mount a heater core than the 197.

Logic would suggest that if the engineers at Mastercraft figured out how to mount a heater in a 197, it is unfathomable they have not figured out how to mount one in the new Prostar. It is equally unfathomable that Mastercraft would suddenly decide that they did not want to offer a heater as an option in a new boat. This is why no one answered your question, it doesn't follow logic (or they don't care about heaters).

I have a heater in my 190 (I find it as essential as you do) and would want one in a new boat. However, I have no doubt that the new Prostar will have that option available and will not be loosing sleep over it.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Falcon
Quote:
One thing we have not discussed much is the cost factor.

Mastercraft doesn't only desire to build better boats than it's competitors. They also have to build a boat that will break the love affair that many current boat owners have with their current boats.

The new 2014 Prostar is a freaking beautiful boat...but my garage spot is full and my IRA needs max donations as does my gas fund. (Let's be real) Perhaps the boat manufacturers should focus more on great ski boats for $35k ? Just sayin' Bottom line...I could never buy a new Prostar.. I simply could never afford one. Unlike back in 1997 - I was able to buy new boat. MC seems to want to build only the best and charge the most. So be it.. I'm out.. I will keep my boat forever...It is just the way it will be
Wow someone with my same feelings. I purchased my boat in 94 for $14,500. throughout the 90s boats seamed to be still somewhat reasonable. The price of boats has gotten out of hand in my opinion. I am amazed at how many I see and when i do my taxes and see that I am in the top 1% of all income I just figure that there must be a lot of under the table money floating around because although I could purchase a new boat to do so would be financial suicide to my retirement that is still a good long ways away.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 Stars & Stripes Prostar 190 351 285 hp
Bling and planned obsolesence is what drives car makers, boat makers, cell phone makers ect. A 2014 identical to a 93 ProStar with modern speed control and motor for 35k would out sell the proposed boat hands down. But the volume would not be nearly as profitable as selling fewer high dollar models. Same with cars, same with everything.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Buying the boat is only the beginning of the expenses... I call my boat a Memory pit... never a money pit. I bought the right boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIBUMM View Post
Wow someone with my same feelings. I purchased my boat in 94 for $14,500. throughout the 90s boats seamed to be still somewhat reasonable. The price of boats has gotten out of hand in my opinion. I am amazed at how many I see and when i do my taxes and see that I am in the top 1% of all income I just figure that there must be a lot of under the table money floating around because although I could purchase a new boat to do so would be financial suicide to my retirement that is still a good long ways away.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:09 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Buying the boat is only the beginning of the expenses... I call my boat a Memory pit... never a money pit. I bought the right boat
Well said - Fly... I call mine the Mistress - kinda the same thing right... lol...

Now you gotta post a nice picture.