Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Towers

Old 05-04-2015, 12:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
Krypt Over/Under Tower Bimini

Looking to see if anyone has had any experience with the Krypt Over/Under Tower Bimini from BulletLines (http://www.bulletlines.com/wakeboard...mini-p/262.htm).

I have a 2001 Maristar 230 with the 2003 X-30 ZeroFlex tower on it.

Currently, I have the a very low hanging bimini top on the boat that anchors in at the base of the tower via clips and wingnuts. I'm looking to purchase a taller over or under tower mount bimini top to have more clearance underneath. Does not matter to much to me whether it goes over the top of the tower or can mount directly beneath the speaker cans and also doesn't matter whether it's fixed or retractable.

Has anyone had any experience with the Krypt Over/Under Tower Bimini and/or no if it's compatible with the X-30 tower or not? Thanks. Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-10
Would be interested in this as well, as I've been looking for an over the tower bimini. Have you emailed them to ask if its compatible with yours?
Old 05-04-2015, 05:40 PM
TT Regular

I emailed them today and they said it should fit
Old 05-06-2015, 12:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Maristar 200VRS
I just purchased a Bimini from Ken at BulletLines and installed it last week. I went with the folding over tower style to have the look of the new (and factory) biminis. I own a 200 vrs (same boat besides length as yours) and the fitment wasnt the greatest. I sent measurements but still had to have it altered at an upholstery shop.

The only problem with the over/under is that it's either on, or not ... You don't have an option to roll up and store. However, if I had to do it again, I would go with the one your looking at. Get the widest model, being that our boats have a wide beam. If you plan on putting it on and leaving it at all times, it should work perfect. I was a little hesitant to use over the tower bc of the rope hitting the back or rubbing/wearing down the canvas over time. I also ordered the tower speaker light bar from Krypt and it hangs too low for me to add a Bimini under, so I was stuck using the folding over tower.

If you do go through with the order, take pics and post a review. Would love to see your setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2015, 12:51 PM
TT Regular

LKNtristar - Thanks for the first hand experience. Your timing could not have been better because I was about to call Ken to discuss the over tower style instead because of your exact statement regarding the over/under that I'm looking at..."it's either on, or not"

With that said, could you give me a bit more detail regarding the fitment problems on your boat? One of my main questions is around how it attaches/wraps around the tower (is it velcro? snaps?) because my tower has numerous cross bars that I'd have to work around. I've attached a pic of mine to show what I'm talking about, especially if yours is similar.

Any more feedback regarding your experience would be great prior to me placing an order.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2015, 05:40 PM
TT Regular

The bimini attaches with a zipper over the back side of your tower. With those cross bars (I have the same) I had to get an upholsterer to add a zipper slide on either end to zip towards the center. As you can probably guess, it's not the ideal fitment on the backside. I also have a tower speaker bar to fight with. It's meant for a tower that has one integrated bar all the way across. I was told it would fit as well ...

The canvas needs too many alterations to have a good fit. It's a good quality support and canvas, but in the end, you'll be spending more money getting it to look right and function how you want. I've seen another Maristar on the water with the over/under that looked really good. Don't make the mistake I did...

Old 05-06-2015, 05:42 PM
TT Regular

Krypt Over/Under Tower Bimini

This is a similar over/under Bimini from Monster Tower

Old 06-01-2015, 04:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X9 - 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods915 View Post
LKNtristar - Thanks for the first hand experience. Your timing could not have been better because I was about to call Ken to discuss the over tower style instead because of your exact statement regarding the over/under that I'm looking at..."it's either on, or not"

With that said, could you give me a bit more detail regarding the fitment problems on your boat? One of my main questions is around how it attaches/wraps around the tower (is it velcro? snaps?) because my tower has numerous cross bars that I'd have to work around. I've attached a pic of mine to show what I'm talking about, especially if yours is similar.

Any more feedback regarding your experience would be great prior to me placing an order.
What did you decide? Pics? Thinking about the Krypt Universal Over/Under bimini on my X9 which has the 2003 zeroflex flyer tower. Reluctant to pull the trigger.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 205
Had one for the past three years and beyond a little fading it has been great. Told my wife Saturday that it was the best investment on the boat I've made next to pp.

Edit:Ken will adjust his prices so bargain.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2015, 11:30 AM
TT Regular

I've actually decided to just alter the bimini canvas that I have to mount above the tower. Still have some adjustments to make, so I'll post some pics once I get the kinks worked out

Tags
bimini, krypt, surf, tower