Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-02-2013, 12:36 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVX14 View Post
The previous owner of my boat got a Mastercraft padfolio full of stuff...owners manual for the boat, manuals for the engine, stereo, amp, trailer, etc. And the notepad had a prostrate watermark on each page.
someone texting buddies about doctor referrals lately?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:26 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 X14
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
someone texting buddies about doctor referrals lately?
Guilty!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft Prostar 190
When I was a kid when we bought a new tractor you would get a riding mower free. Over the years the "gift" became a new shotgun or rifle then a baseball cap with a logo. This summer my cousin bought a new tractor that was just under $300,000 and got a receipt.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:44 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
You can thank Enron for that. Since Sarbanes-Oxley was enacted companies report EVERYTHING. You don't see as many "freebies" anymore.

Six in, Six out.

2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Old 08-02-2013, 09:57 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Makes me think of when windshield replacement business got out of hand with the freebies. I once got a Weber Smokey Joe, 2 packs of No Name steaks...........and the worst freaking windshield ever. Worked out better when you would just get a good windshield.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 08-02-2013, 10:31 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
They gave me a brand new Yukon Denali and well as free gas money for three years ... Think it was part of Obama's stimulus plan ... Very nice of them
Old 08-02-2013, 11:29 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
They'll send you a thank you note once per month.
LMFAO!

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 12-04-2013, 07:48 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft 1996 Prostar 205, LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pridnjoy View Post
We have a 2013 boat and other than the owner's manual and bill of sale from the dealer we did not get anything from Mastercraft. No "thanks for the purchase", no welcome to the family, no exclusive membership, nothing. Are we the only one, or does Mastercraft no longer value their customers with anything?
I would say that's the dealers responsibility. I bought a 96 PS 205 and my dealer took excellent care of me before, during and after the purchase. Just my 2 cents
Old 12-05-2013, 02:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtexas View Post
When I was a kid when we bought a new tractor you would get a riding mower free. Over the years the "gift" became a new shotgun or rifle then a baseball cap with a logo. This summer my cousin bought a new tractor that was just under $300,000 and got a receipt.
A few years back my brother bought a really big Kubota tractor for his firewood business. When it was delivered they brought along a really nice tweaked out Kubota RTV and said "this is your's too!" My brother was all smiles and giggles for weeks until he found out that while he was buying the tractor, his wife was telling the owner of the dealership "if he buys that tractor I had better get an RTV or so help me I will drown you the next time you are fishing with us." (the owner of the dealership is a good friend and hunting/fishing buddy of both of them). Apparently, it looks like the RTV was added as some kind of accessory to the tractor on the paperwork and so it got lumped into the main bill.

My sister in law is a very cleaver lady. She ALWAYS gets her way.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ORidr View Post
A few years back my brother bought a really big Kubota tractor for his firewood business. When it was delivered they brought along a really nice tweaked out Kubota RTV and said "this is your's too!" My brother was all smiles and giggles for weeks until he found out that while he was buying the tractor, his wife was telling the owner of the dealership "if he buys that tractor I had better get an RTV or so help me I will drown you the next time you are fishing with us." (the owner of the dealership is a good friend and hunting/fishing buddy of both of them). Apparently, it looks like the RTV was added as some kind of accessory to the tractor on the paperwork and so it got lumped into the main bill.

My sister in law is a very cleaver lady. She ALWAYS gets her way.
Ewwwww. That's a low blow.