Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 08-01-2013, 06:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X2
RUN from this thing! Everything about it stinks of rotted fish!!! My Pappy always said "If it smells and looks like a dead, rotted fish. It's probably a dead, rotted fish".
Old 08-01-2013, 06:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
If you still want to investigate the boat, call Bennett's Boat and Ski in Zachary Louisiana as they should have had some interaction with the boat at some point in time if it resides (or resided) in Louisiana. Bennett's is the closest Mastercraft dealer to Lafayette and New Orleans.

I would also ask the owner who serviced it and if everything turns out to be legit, then arrange for Bennett's to check it out for you (for a fee, of course).

There are a few of us in the south Louisiana area that could probably take a look at the boat for you if it is legit.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:39 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 Xstar
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...c970da21#v4-40
Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
not even a question. its way older than 07
Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 Xstar
Any experts in the Louisiana area able to take a look at this boat to see if it is in fact legit?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Here is what I am thinking. I have run across this once firsthand when going to check out a boat for a buddy.

This may in fact be an 07. However the interior has been completely redone. None of that vinyl is from MC. It's missing the embroidery in all the normal spots and the texture is all off. It's not an 04 material and its def not 07. The audio in it I also not MC factory for either I those years. I would normally not question that, but here the Polk series that is installed isn't exactly an upgrade which raises eyebrows. The boat may have caught some damage during the storm or some other way. Maybe tower was snapped along with windshield n gauge cluster. Owner was able to find and retrofit some stuff to keep it up and running and colors were the it change. I have seen this on an 09 X2 I checked out in East Texas for a buddy. It had all the wrong year stuff on it but was a legit 09 by the vin. The guy thought he was gonna slide that all by me or whomever showed up, but I called his bluff and he finally explained it to me. A tree at his house was zapped with lightning. It caught the tower windshield , gauges and drivers seat. He pocketed the extra $$ after going with older salvaged parts. That front full wing seat is having some serious figment issues it looks like with a huge gap when closed.

Just a thought. Especially since it a Louisiana boat. That would also explain the $$. Each state is different but make sure it's not a salvage.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:04 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
I'll even go one further, the boat in question has the 04 rub rail
2004, 2004, 2004.
Only thing that's is from 07 is the wheels on the trailer
WHATS THE VIN NUMBER
Old 08-02-2013, 09:52 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
It's an 07 vin!
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2013, 09:53 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRowe1 View Post
Any experts in the Louisiana area able to take a look at this boat to see if it is in fact legit?
Ben...Create a separate thread "Lafayette, LA Boat - Need someone to look". I know wmbreaux on this site is from Lafayette and there are a couple of others that are close as well. If you don't get any bites, I can drive over there and put my eye on it but my no means am I an expert. I can verify it exists, take some pics for you, and provide overall feedback on physical condition. After that and if all looks acceptable, I suggest you either get someone with mechanical skills to perform the normal compression tests, etc. Also, I would suggest you give the guy a few bucks and have him take it to Bennett's (about an hour from Lafayette) as they are the local MC dealer and they can put it in their lake and check everything out from head to toe.