Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-10-2017, 08:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC X30 2008
My boat surfs!!!!!!! more...

So, I have a 2008 x30 and added the GSA with a 750lb fat sac over each stock tank and standard KGB. I didn't want to have to list the boat, so GSA was the way to go for me. Anyway, friends of ours have a new x23 (I think) with the GEN 2 setup and their 16 year old daughter is amazing at surfing, 360s, etc. So, to make a short story long, I made them come to the lake today to try surfing on our boat, just to make sure it wasn't my boat that my wife can't surf on (granted, she just started and just can't get the hang of it). Friend's kid has a liguid force doum 54 skim. Well, the kid gets right up and has no problem at all and says my wake is great, as good as their new boat's, but different, if that makes any sense. I filled all my tanks to full and dialed in the GSA at almost all the way down.

And my wife liked the skim better so I just ordered the new liquid force super tramp as it's similar to the doum and they don't produce the doum any longer. The whole point of today was just to make sure it wasn't my boat that was the issue, or the driver (me). At least I know.

For anyone on the fence, if you have an older boat, get the GSA! It doesn't need any more ballast than what I described above.