Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2013, 09:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X46 6.2l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraft13 View Post
Just get out and test them out, all the manufacturers will claim latest and greatest. I have been behind many different brands of boats and they all have their unique bells and whistles and all very different distinct wakes. It just comes down to personal preference on the wake and what system you want to deal with in the boat to make that wake. I chose a MC because I like the wake the best, now my buddy that owns a CC his wake is the best for HIM and the other that owns a centurion his wake is the best for HIM. If a boat catches your eye go to a dealer or pull up to the boat out in the lake and ask for a quick pull, I have never been turned down by anyone to see/ride their "best" wake.
I like this guy. I would also add that dealer proximity is also a factor. I wont buy a tige or centurion because im too far from a dealer should anything go wrong under warranty. Im <30 mins from malibu and mc and our river neighbor owns the mc dealer.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
I am little late in this one but saying Centurion doesn't have a clue about surf wakes is like saying MC has no clue about Billet Aluminum.

Centurion has been the leader in the surf industry and the benchmark for all other surf boats from the beginning. They have some brand new technology that is being tweaked. It's all brand new. Just because a Centurion rep was on scene doesn't mean he is familiar with how to set up a boat. Again all brand new technology that most have never experienced. It's all trial by fire.

To say MC didn't have this is absurd. Need I bring up the 2012 X Star threads and computer issues. The tower mishaps . The first two tour stops with the new 13 Star MC had some wake issues as well. Please don't be blinded by being an owner. MC does not lead the industry in sales either. Malibu does. Before all the brand new options were offered on the new Centurion, its surf wave blew anything MC had to offer out of the water. Hell their original 22ft Surf boat that hasnt had a hull change in 10 yrs (the Avalanche )still edges out almost any MC. I can't compare it to a brand new 13 X30 as I have not had any direct experience , but it beat out every other rig. MC has had way more rushes to design and patch jobs then Centurion has over the past 7 years. This is fact.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X2
No maker has a perfect track record. Lighten up folks, it is just a boat!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
I've experienced the NSS first hand on the G23 and its legit. The MC nerdgineers have their work cut out for them if they want to complete against this. The system is clean , works and in no way looks like an add on or after thought.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:54 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
From MC press release: MasterCraft, whose product strategy will deliver 2 to 3 new or refreshed boats per year, has already introduced the XStar, X10 and X46 in the last 14 months. And with plans to unveil its new ski boat in a few weeks followed by what can only be described as a jaw-dropping product announcement in the spring of 2014.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:59 AM
chriscraftmatt1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
I think you're thinking of the bow shape of the new G23/ G25. The 230 has the same shape as the 210, which you say you like.
I was thinking of the g, my bad. As I said, I will give it up to nautique on the wakes. If you like um steep, they're tough to beat. I'd be proud to own any of the big three, all good boats.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand2snow22 View Post
followed by what can only be described as a jaw-dropping product announcement in the spring of 2014.
.... do tell
Old 08-01-2013, 09:41 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
Surfing Gimmicks that work ok but they aren't game changers, they're not the end all be all. I laugh at the overall marketing to the general wally public that eats it up and can't actually think for themselves.

Surfgates works great, don't get me wrong. BUT you still have to weight the freaken boat. NOthing works better then old fashioned ballast. BLah blah blah all you have to do is fill all the ballast tanks and deploy the surfgate, surf tabs or what ever gimmick your boat has. Wally that just finished pulling the tube for the past three hours, that's what the sales guy told him so that's all he does. Sure he can surf for 23 seconds now without the rope but really? If you want a real surf wake you load the %&&&*& out of one side of the boat and you deply the gate, or tabs or what ever you have and you have a kick arse surf wake.

One would think if you're on a forum such as this cough cough EAGLE cough cough you wouldn't get the blatant stupidity of most boat owners out there that don't have a clue on how to build a propper wake. They just do what the sales guy told them....

All these systems work, they do a great job of cleaning up the surfwakes but come on, are you really that gullable?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 AM
chriscraftmatt1976

Some of the raddest stuff I ever pulled was behind a nautique 176 with a few fat sacks in it. You don't need 100k boat to surf. Now to TUBE properly, of course!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft
I've personally surfed the G25 with NSS and the VLX & LSV with Surfgate and I would call them game changers. The G25 was just stock ballast and the Malibus we added about 800-1000lbs extra. All three boats were perfectly level while surfing, people could sit where ever they wanted and it had minor effect on the wake, we could switch from wakeboarding to surfing left or right instantly.
For example the G25 session took about an hour with four guys. Two regular surfers, one goofy surfer and one wakeboarder. This would have taken twice as long in a current MC.
All three boats put out great wakes for surfing and wakeboarding.
Would I buy a G25 or Malibu over an MC? No, because the X25 is still my favorite boat on the market and surfing isn't that important to me, but it is to the majority of inboard boat buyers these days.

MC will come up with something to compete with NSS and Surfgate. I can't think of another "gimmick" since ballast and perfect pass that has changed the way people use their boats as much as these new surf systems will.