Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-31-2013, 02:48 PM
Traxx822's Avatar
Traxx822 Traxx822 is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Location: Chicago SW sub
Posts: 2,484
I don't think anyone has the wake tuning ability down to an ultimate science. As shown in the flyboy article from NWWSA comp last week. If the centurion reps themselves couldn't make it user friendly enough to use the system in competition with pro's how do they expect the consumer to understand it and change on the fly?

I think that is why MC has been late to this. They don't want another BIG problem. They want to make it and forget it.

Also, remember too, MC's new X46 wave looks to be thrice the size of anything else I have seen with only stock ballast.

Maybe with size of wave you loose functionality abilities. Everyone is marketing versatility in their ability to shape the wave.

No one is marketing monster sized waves but MC. I think MC is still trying to find that fine line.



Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
__________________
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:29 PM
willyt's Avatar
willyt willyt is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2009
Boat: ER xstar
Location: high in the middle and round on both ends
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
They are both the biggest, the first and the last. Is all I mean't by it.

If you get into squishy details it all gets lost.
wrong again... MC is not the largest in terms of sales, or first... malibu has been the largest for awhile now (and hull #1 was based on a CC model). Maybe marketing 'monster' waves is a slight tweak on whats out there, but there have been plenty of boat manufacturers advertising surfing for awhile now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
They're too smack you in the face, look at all the billet, see how bright the orange is etc for this cat. I grew up skiing behind MasterCrafts, and wakeboarding behind Nautiques. It comes down to personal preference, and my next boat will be a Nautique 230 for sure. Don't get me wrong, I love MasterCraft, and I'm sure the new ones perform great, I just don't think I own enough white sunglasses and basketball jerseys to have one.
Sorry, not buying an MC because of all the bling is as stupid as buying an MC for all the bling. The fit and finish certainly adds a nice touch to the boats, but it should come down to on the water performance. I hope you like riding at 24.7 mph at 82.5 feet behind the boat. (btw since when is a 230 not a blingy boat?!?!). Also, i think they make MCs in other colors than orange. I own an xstar because i freaking love the wake behind it... the fact that its one of the sexiest wake making machines on the market is certainly a plus, but not the reason i bought it (we wakeboard 99% of the time we're on it).
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:46 PM
AlbertaSurfer's Avatar
AlbertaSurfer AlbertaSurfer is online now
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Boat: 1999 X-Star
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 553
You don't have to defend your boat to me WillyT. I'm glad you like it. I'm aware other colors are available, but other bow designs are not. And the 230 is much less "blingy" in terms of overall look. I wouldn't buy a brand new boat, I'm referring to maybe a 2009 230. I'd rather let someone else eat the massive depreciation.

I wakeboard 90% of the time too, if not, then it's surfing. I prefer the Nautique wake over the XStar. Stats can't prove that wrong, I simply prefer it. If you prefer the XStar, then I'm happy that's the boat you bought, and glad you're stoked on it.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:48 PM
chriscraftmatt1976
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Agreed willyt. 230 is one of the overly blingy and ugliest boats on the water Imo. Nautique makes a great boat, just like mc. If I was going for a nautique, it's gonna be a 210 for sure. Those babies do all the wake sports justice. I'll be sticking to the older closed bow boats though. I'll let the youngsters with more forgiving bodies take over where I left off. Tired of injuries trying rad stuffs...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Traxx822's Avatar
Traxx822 Traxx822 is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Location: Chicago SW sub
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
wrong again... MC is not the largest in terms of sales, or first... malibu has been the largest for awhile now (and hull #1 was based on a CC model). Maybe marketing 'monster' waves is a slight tweak on whats out there, but there have been plenty of boat manufacturers advertising surfing for awhile now.
Same with MC, so yes again you are wrong, my analogy is closer in comparison than everyone made it out to be. Just because there were boats before MC doesn't mean we owe the origin of the sport of boating to Noah's Ark does it? Do I have to explain word record towboat ... I don't think so.

Advertising surfing and advertising surfing adjustment abilities are two completely different approaches to marketing. One is saying "you can change it to your liking" the other is saying "Ours is the best in size and shape even though it takes 10 minutes to fill it up."

Then commoners look at Tige, Centurion and Malibu's latest storm marketing their abilities to switch sides and tweak the wake with ease has created discontent with MC. Having nothing even though your wave is the best makes you look like you have nothing to offer that others do for cheaper. Win for them. However, I think MC has stuck with this fine line of advertising quality and sheer size abilities for surfing through stock ballast that any Enzo out there would have to be slammed to make.

Of course this is all a rider preference. But after seeing the stock wave photos from the X46. Nothing compares to that with stock ballast. Nothing.
__________________
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:54 PM
chriscraftmatt1976
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
And I'll agree with Alberta Surfer on the pickle fork bows, not a fan. But then you say that's why you want a 230?!?!?! That Deck boat looking bow may be the only thing that would make me long for a pf bow! Talk about ugly! There's two of those on my lake, and I cringe every time they pull their tubers by with the ballast full. Some people have more money than brains I guess!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Traxx822's Avatar
Traxx822 Traxx822 is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Location: Chicago SW sub
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscraftmatt1976 View Post
And I'll agree with Alberta Surfer on the pickle fork bows, not a fan. But then you say that's why you want a 230?!?!?! That Deck boat looking bow may be the only thing that would make me long for a pf bow! Talk about ugly! There's two of those on my lake, and I cringe every time they pull their tubers by with the ballast full. Some people have more money than brains I guess!
Oh doesn't that make no sense. I have seen people pulling tubes with full ballast too.

As well, the PF looks horrible. I love the room it adds to the bow but hate how it looks. Although if that was all that was offered I would buy one in the future as I'm sure if I held onto that need for the "old" look forever I would not be driving newer trucks etc etc. Gotta go along to get along you know?
__________________
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-31-2013, 04:13 PM
Mastercraft13's Avatar
Mastercraft13 Mastercraft13 is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Boat: 2013 X-10 6.0
Location: Columbus
Posts: 315
Just get out and test them out, all the manufacturers will claim latest and greatest. I have been behind many different brands of boats and they all have their unique bells and whistles and all very different distinct wakes. It just comes down to personal preference on the wake and what system you want to deal with in the boat to make that wake. I chose a MC because I like the wake the best, now my buddy that owns a CC his wake is the best for HIM and the other that owns a centurion his wake is the best for HIM. If a boat catches your eye go to a dealer or pull up to the boat out in the lake and ask for a quick pull, I have never been turned down by anyone to see/ride their "best" wake.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-31-2013, 04:23 PM
willyt's Avatar
willyt willyt is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2009
Boat: ER xstar
Location: high in the middle and round on both ends
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
I wakeboard 90% of the time too, if not, then it's surfing. I prefer the Nautique wake over the XStar. Stats can't prove that wrong, I simply prefer it. If you prefer the XStar, then I'm happy that's the boat you bought, and glad you're stoked on it.
Wasn't trying to justify my boat, just giving you reason to like a more 'blinged' out boat. glad to hear you're talking on the water performance - if you do like going that fast, i'll agree it makes one heck of a wake then. Can't argue with personal preference (and i do actually like the way a newer 230 looks...)

maybe i just havent drank enough koolaid for this thread
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-31-2013, 05:12 PM
AlbertaSurfer's Avatar
AlbertaSurfer AlbertaSurfer is online now
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Boat: 1999 X-Star
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscraftmatt1976 View Post
And I'll agree with Alberta Surfer on the pickle fork bows, not a fan. But then you say that's why you want a 230?!?!?! That Deck boat looking bow may be the only thing that would make me long for a pf bow! Talk about ugly! There's two of those on my lake, and I cringe every time they pull their tubers by with the ballast full. Some people have more money than brains I guess!
I think you're thinking of the bow shape of the new G23/ G25. The 230 has the same shape as the 210, which you say you like.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 AM.