Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-30-2013, 05:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Wait didn't MC have those Mac/PC commercials with Zane saying Tige needs tabs but MC doesn't cuz their hulls are better ? Ohhhhhhh how times have changed.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X25
So this picture made me very curious. I went through online pictures comparing 2013 & 2014 X2s and these look identical to last years. However when you look at all other 2014 models besides the x2 they do not look like these. Could these be a model only used on X2s?

One thing to look for is the lip on the very end and where the actuator mounts on the tab.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:23 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
Wait didn't MC have those Mac/PC commercials with Zane saying Tige needs tabs but MC doesn't cuz their hulls are better ? Ohhhhhhh how times have changed.
every time i see you bashing mc in a post it makes me wonder why you aren't sh*t talking about us over on the axis forum.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:51 AM
MC Devotee

I just kindly point out the past and speak the truth. A little dose does us all good. Keeps some people honest. I guess it's ok for MC to publish and use it in it marketing when they are bashing other companies, but when it comes full circle we can't say anything.

Should I slam Tige or an X15 instead?

Figure I would add the vids for viewing pleasure.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=joXHoWz5vPM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=weqG8y62ZOs. Now who's behind on a surf system?

Last edited by swatguy; 11-01-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:54 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Former-2013 X30 6.2 Ilmor
Quote:
It's ok to change there minds......when it's for the better
Old 11-01-2013, 01:15 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
why put down mc on an mc website when you own an mc?? so confusing
Old 11-01-2013, 01:44 AM
MC Devotee

Like I said a little jab here and there keeps us all honest. My post was more to give everyone a small chuckle not bash as having tabs and accessories on your transom was taboo by MC back then. However now MC is up to 3 tabs and they're allegedly going even bigger. Maybe my mind is warped and I am the only one who sees the humor in that. Obviously if I thought their boats were complete garbage I wouldn't help people with their issues/questions or own one that I put over 1k hours on. Sure it's older but I haven't found anything that can beat its performance for what I need that I can justify dropping the $$ on. I base my needs for upgrading on performance not paint jobs and and gadgets. Just because my boat is an antiques doesn't mean I don't know about newer models. I have been in the industry a long time and have had the opportunities to be in many mfg's boats. I see the good and bad in each and every one.

I love reading the threads here about other Mfg's and people just firing off .........the most recent Epic and Tige threads come to mind. People love feeling good and firing off about other brands. Yet when the flaws are pointed out from this end they get all butt hurt. The facts are the facts. I just call it how I see it and experience it as people do visit these sites for info. I guess I am just that guy who feels the negative parts should get hit on just like the positives. Sometimes the rah rah blinds people.

Any thread that pops up that I can give direct feedback/fair comparisons when comparing MC boats to other MFG I chime in. I take my flack as I expect it, but at the end of the day people surf these sites for info and reviews. I just present both sides not just one. Even it it means it casts our beloved brand in a bad light. Obviously people looking at this surf thread are anxious and also bit upset about the lacking. Hell even some have left the brand because if it's lack of a surf system. I felt it was the right place to throw the jab and get a couple laughs from members.

To me when I heard the tabs were getting bigger after MC has used a 3 tab system for some time I chuckled and shook my head. The old adds and marketing jargon MC used back then were the first things to pop in my head. The old adds and sales talk about their hulls being so advanced they didn't need silly tabs, wedges, or other accessories to get performance is just something that can no longer be used to sell boats, however it was one of their huge issues way back when to sell their boats against other mfg's. Just goes to the credit of other mfg's being not as far behind as MC made claim to.

Last edited by swatguy; 11-01-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:56 AM
MC Devotee

I'll get us back on the surf topic with everyone's favorite pro surfer Alana Blanchard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 11-01-2013, 06:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Quote:
I'll get us back on the surf topic with everyone's favorite pro surfer Alana Blanchard

Right
Old 11-01-2013, 07:46 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:

She can be apart of my MC surf system anyday!