Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Stickers for this too?

Apply sticker right on the head rest
Old 07-25-2013, 03:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscraftmatt1976 View Post
I don't mind doing a little dnr bashing at the moment. I live on a private lake that's fed by a river, which people often kayak down, which is no problem with me. The general public has the right to the river, and once they hit the lake, they pull their stuff out and leave. There's a large empty lot for sale right where the river meets the lake which does not belong to the private association, which the dnr is now trying to buy, turn into a livery that rents kayaks to be used on the lake, and also put in a public boat launch on the lake we all pay dues on to live on a low traffic lake. I'm livid, and honestly, will go to some lengths to upset the balance if it does happen. I will be found letting air out of tires by the launch, and doing circles at 8mph around kayaks... Thanks dnr.
Sounds like everybody on the private lake should go together and buy that piece of land---then start your own kayak/paddleboard rental business on the side. No sense being reactive when you can be preventive.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:01 PM
MC Master Poster

I bought a cargo van in PHX a couple of years ago and decided to avoid Chicago on the way back, so I came up to WI on 39. Not far from Rockford, they had a new stretch of pavement- nice, smooth asphalt. Or, so I thought. I was cruising along at about 1:15AM and BAM!, an area where the asphalt was gone that was about 6'L x 8'W x 3" deep IN BRAND EFFIN' NEW PAVEMENT!!!!! The shock not only bottomed out, it sheared one of the tabs used to bolt it to the lower control arm. I moved to the side, in case another one would occur in that side of the lane and guess what- same effin' thing on the right half. BAM! Didn't do any damage to that shock, but eventually, the left one came completely free from the control arm.

About a mile later, I had to go through a toll booth. I may have told the guy to kiss my azz but I was so PO'd that I don't remember that part.

I think I know the meaning behind the name of Effingham, Illinois.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscraftmatt1976 View Post
I don't mind doing a little dnr bashing at the moment. I live on a private lake that's fed by a river, which people often kayak down, which is no problem with me. The general public has the right to the river, and once they hit the lake, they pull their stuff out and leave. There's a large empty lot for sale right where the river meets the lake which does not belong to the private association, which the dnr is now trying to buy, turn into a livery that rents kayaks to be used on the lake, and also put in a public boat launch on the lake we all pay dues on to live on a low traffic lake. I'm livid, and honestly, will go to some lengths to upset the balance if it does happen. I will be found letting air out of tires by the launch, and doing circles at 8mph around kayaks... Thanks dnr.

Better to get everyone on the lake to chip in for the lot. That way, one person doesn't get nailed with all of the costs, the headaches and maintenance. Also, the tolerance for a price increase that's caused by the DNR going nuts is easier to tolerate by a group, but it also gives the group more legal clout.

Start the petitions and contact your local/county/state representatives.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I bought a cargo van in PHX a couple of years ago and decided to avoid Chicago on the way back, so I came up to WI on 39. Not far from Rockford, they had a new stretch of pavement- nice, smooth asphalt. Or, so I thought. I was cruising along at about 1:15AM and BAM!, an area where the asphalt was gone that was about 6'L x 8'W x 3" deep IN BRAND EFFIN' NEW PAVEMENT!!!!! The shock not only bottomed out, it sheared one of the tabs used to bolt it to the lower control arm. I moved to the side, in case another one would occur in that side of the lane and guess what- same effin' thing on the right half. BAM! Didn't do any damage to that shock, but eventually, the left one came completely free from the control arm.

About a mile later, I had to go through a toll booth. I may have told the guy to kiss my azz but I was so PO'd that I don't remember that part.

I think I know the meaning behind the name of Effingham, Illinois.
JimN, I'm confused. Your story took place in northern IL and then you mention Effingham. Which is way down south central IL. And the only thing in Effingham is this:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2013, 04:16 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
JimN, I'm confused. Your story took place in northern IL and then you mention Effingham. Which is way down south central IL. And the only thing in Effingham is this:

Effing Illinois.

I thought Shure Bros was based in Effingham- I think they still are.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:50 PM
MC Devotee

Not sure. Cause nobody cares about Effing Illinois

Old 07-25-2013, 05:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
Well, one can only expect stupid laws from the home state of our lovely president. Hard to imagine anyone is suprised.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
Well, one can only expect stupid laws from the home state of our lovely president. Hard to imagine anyone is suprised.
Ummmm, Isn't our president from Kenya?
Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Ummmm, Isn't our president from Kenya?
Questionable lineage at best

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com