Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 07-25-2013, 01:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Yay!! More stickers !!! So excited to comply with this law. Does this go for surfboards too?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:13 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Stickers for this too?

SPECIAL ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 07-25-2013, 01:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
Are bikes required to be registered there? Sheeesh, what an absurdity!! Pretty soon you will have to register your shoes if you want to use them on sidewalks.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:22 PM
chriscraftmatt1976

Wow... That's crazy. I think I will risk the ticket. I kinda pick and choose which laws I follow anyway. Don't we all? I'm loyal to the big ones tho....
Old 07-25-2013, 01:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscraftmatt1976 View Post
Wow... That's crazy. I think I will risk the ticket. I kinda pick and choose which laws I follow anyway. Don't we all? I'm loyal to the big ones tho....
The common sense ones!! This other crap is big brother money grabbing government bull crap!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-25-2013, 02:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1996 Prostar 190, LT1
With the financial state of our State and not being able to resolve the pension issue, expect to see some very creative ways to get more money out of our pockets. I hate Illinois, if it wasn't for my job I wouldn't be here.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Strips
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
do you live in wis? I went on a float up there. had a blast.

We float the river down here every one in a while. I will let my friends test it first.
I'm actually in Iowa. You must of went to apple river for the float?

So with this law, do you think they would be able to enforce it on the Mississippi since it borders ia/il?
Old 07-25-2013, 03:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 19.5 ft inboard ski boat
Illinois resident here.
Earlier this summer we were stopped by the Illinois DNR because I did a flip off of my wakeskate to end my set. No laws were being broken, but the officer felt the need to talk to me about "unsafe watersports participation". I have been waterskiing for 24 years, and my family members for much longer; no one has ever heard of this.
The officer proceeded to give us the entire safety check, plus he made sure no one was drinking; even though he looked in the cooler and there was no alcohol. Even my mother in law who was in the boat was shocked at the rudeness of the DNR officers, and their lack of respect for all of us. The reason I made reference to my mother in law is because she rarely sides with me.

I go to Bull Shoals Lake roughly 5-6 times a year; occasionally running into both the Missouri and Arkansas department of conservation. There is not one bad thing I could say about either of those departments, except they take forever to process a permit for a slalom course.

WATERSKI!

Old 07-25-2013, 03:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1987 190 ProStar
Some crooked politician here in Illinois found out people were having fun for free, so they saw another golden opportunity to take advantage.
Guess there is a reason why Illinois now has one of the worst track records for shysters in office out of our 50 states.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 PM
chriscraftmatt1976

I don't mind doing a little dnr bashing at the moment. I live on a private lake that's fed by a river, which people often kayak down, which is no problem with me. The general public has the right to the river, and once they hit the lake, they pull their stuff out and leave. There's a large empty lot for sale right where the river meets the lake which does not belong to the private association, which the dnr is now trying to buy, turn into a livery that rents kayaks to be used on the lake, and also put in a public boat launch on the lake we all pay dues on to live on a low traffic lake. I'm livid, and honestly, will go to some lengths to upset the balance if it does happen. I will be found letting air out of tires by the launch, and doing circles at 8mph around kayaks... Thanks dnr.