Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2013, 10:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
I have a lot of friends that go to St. Johns. The reason I haven't is getting there. Do you still have to overnight in St. Thomas on the way there and back? I like a 10 day vacation to be actually 10 days and do not like the idea of overnighting in any city other than where my destination is. I guess it could work 3 days on S.T. and then 7 on St. Johns. Is this still the way it works w/ boat transits?
Im not sure why you would ever have to overnight in St Thomas. We flew in to STT from ATL and arrived about 130pm. Rented a Jeep and took the car ferry over to St Johns. We were at Caneel by 330-4pm. On the way out we caught the 10am car ferry and had time to kill before getting to the airport before our 245 pm flight out.

St Johns is one of the cheapest/easiest islands I found to get to, especially if you are flying through ATL. I think our roundtrip tickets from Knoxville to STT were $550/each. We flew out of Knox at 7am and as I said were at Caneel Bay by 4pm
Old 07-25-2013, 11:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: none at moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinGA View Post
St. John is top of my
List for my honeymoon in Oct, so I'm paying attention too! Keep the comments coming!
Heading to Sugar Beach resort in St. Lucia in a couple weeks for my honeymoon. Keep this place in mind as it is supposed to be pretty legit.. (its a favorite of Gwyneth Paltro and Matt Damon apparently)

http://www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/sugarbeach
Old 07-25-2013, 12:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X25
You don't have to overnight. We always fly in between 1-3:30 pm in St Thomas and catch the 5pm ferry in Red Hook to St John. The ferry schedule runs until midnight. Should give you plenty of time.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Maybe why we have trouble is we live in a small town and connections arrive to late for the ferry. Good input though as we go to the Caribbean at least once a year. Maybe we drive to a bigger town to arrive a little earlier is the solution.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

There are ferry connections pretty late - last time we got there well after dark. You can also take a smaller boat from closer to the airport, but I get seasick so we take the larger ferry.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: None!
I wouldn't recommend the smaller Ferry that goes to Charlotte-Amalie. We were down Memorial Day weekend and took the smaller ferry the day we left thinking we could cut the taxi ride in half. Half way there one of the boat's engines blew up and we had to idle the rest of the way on one engine. Nothing like being out on the ocean watching smoke billowing out from the engine hatch...