Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 07-22-2013, 04:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X1
Throttle and trans cable setting

How do I set the throttle and trans cable? I understand how to move them in/out (tighter/looser) but is there a way to set how tight they are without being out on the water? I often have to jiggle to throttle a lot to get the boat to find neutral to start and when pulling if I'm at a set speed and want to back off, the throttle will move back about 1/4" before engaging the cable to slow down.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 205
You can adjust the throttle cable, at the carb. It's trial and error. You do need, just a bit of play. You can get close on the trailer. Slight adjustment, maybe necessary on the water. Takes about 1 minute. If you have the original cable, maybe time for replacement.

1994 RED Mastercraft 205, Chevy 5.7 TBI.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by etduc View Post
You can adjust the throttle cable, at the carb. It's trial and error. You do need, just a bit of play. You can get close on the trailer. Slight adjustment, maybe necessary on the water. Takes about 1 minute. If you have the original cable, maybe time for replacement.
Same with shift cable?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1976 master craft stars and stripes
Dont want to be a thread theif but Im having almost the same problem. Adjust one way and it shifts smooth into forward but then 2500RPM until rev kicks in. Adjust it to middel and same for forward and rev and adjust back no forward?