Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-20-2013, 07:24 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Xstar 2008
Installing Flush Pro on Xstar with Indmar Motor

Your help please. I want to install a flush pro kit. I would think it needs to be in-line before the oil cooler, but there is not enough space. The only alternative is in-line between the oil cooler and the raw water pump, but I think this could create a problem as I would not be cooling the entire system. Any advice as I am miles from any mechanics.
Thanks
Old 07-20-2013, 08:25 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
I've always been leery of the Perko Flush Pros. Too many reports of breakage (they're plastic), or FOD interfering or getting hung up on the one-way valve.

For as few times as I need to run the engine in the driveway, I'd rather hook up with an admittedly more cumbersome direct hose connection.

If I felt it necessary to flush frequently, such as in salt water, I'd make something like this out of brass to enhance the convenience.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:36 PM
TT Regular

Thanks for the info. My problem is when using the boat in salt water during holidays. The boat remains in the water for three weeks and I feel it crucial to flush every time I dock at my jetty. The flush pro is a simple and easy solution and I unfortunately have already purchased one.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:36 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1988 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Your help please. I want to install a flush pro kit. I would think it needs to be in-line before the oil cooler, but there is not enough space. The only alternative is in-line between the oil cooler and the raw water pump, but I think this could create a problem as I would not be cooling the entire system. Any advice as I am miles from any mechanics.
Thanks
Relocate the heat exchanger (the oil cooler) or loop/extend the hose length between the raw water intake/strainer and the heat exchanger. Here's a couple pictures that might help (not mine):
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2013, 06:37 AM
TT Regular

Zazzy,

Thanks for the photo's. My configuration is very different. I have decided to either make up a PVC or stainless fitting and I will post a photo on this thread when done.

I have figured out though that it is crucial to install the flush pro as close to the seacock as possible. Under no circumstances after the oil cooler.