Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
1993 PS 205, 25th Anniversary

This seemed like a nice boat to me and no too far from me. I wish I could upgrade from my Tristar right now as I'd be looking at it. I thought it looked like a decent deal, especially if it's in good shape.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/boa/3927439699.html
Old 07-12-2013, 11:56 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a Mastercraft
Very intrigued by that boat. First silver flake anniversary 205 I've ever seen. All 190s until now.

If it's a legit anniversary boat (all '93s have a 25th badge but not all are anniversary boats) I'd say it's worth all of that and then some. Love the all white interior too. Even if it's not anniversary and that flake or wrap and interior was done after the fact I think it will still bring near that asking price. These boats in good shape will likely always be worth that much from what I've seen.

Very, very cool.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:13 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
It's a pretty boat and a beautiful silver flake gel coat, but it's no more of an anniversary model than any other 190 or 205 that was not one of the 25 190 Ltds produced with the LT-1.

It's a Silverflake 205 with a 351 HO. I like the "open bow concept" descriptor.

There is a 93 Silverflake 190 on our lake that is not a 190 Ltd. Just a well chosen color option.

The all white interior may just be a redo. If not, that's pretty unique looking and an interesting choice. My interior on my current boat is all white with red piping. I really like it, particularly if it ever needs to be replaced.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
I was thinking that the true 25th's were very limited. He must just think because it was built in the 25th year it makes it special. The color choice is nice with the flake, but I prefer a little color in the interior. Otherwise it looks very bland. Looks like good original condition though.
Anyone recognize the tower brand?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

That's kind of what was going through my head Eastie. I thought only the 25 PS190s were truly anniversary boats.

I'd still buy that thing in a heartbeat if I was in the market. Even the tower and bimini isn't bad other than being way too tall. Easily fixed with those parallel uprights and a good aluminum welder though.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
The all white interior may just be a redo.
+1 - I think it's a re-do... Zoom in on the engine box and you see the 'stripes'

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 07-12-2013, 12:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
+1 - I think it's a re-do... Zoom in on the engine box and you see the 'stripes'
Wonder what the original colors could have been with that exterior though....red and grey maybe?

Homer--I was originally thinking Barewest for that tower but doesn't look like any of the current ones. Good news is it's all welded and not a universal tower-in-a-box so it should be a bit more solid.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:38 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer12 View Post
I was thinking that the true 25th's were very limited. He must just think because it was built in the 25th year it makes it special. The color choice is nice with the flake, but I prefer a little color in the interior. Otherwise it looks very bland. Looks like good original condition though.
Anyone recognize the tower brand?
This is mine. The piping works really well to break things up. I wouldn't have chosen it new had I had the choice, but having owned it, I would choose it now.

versus the S&S 190

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:41 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk13 View Post
That's kind of what was going through my head Eastie. I thought only the 25 PS190s were truly anniversary boats.

I'd still buy that thing in a heartbeat if I was in the market. Even the tower and bimini isn't bad other than being way too tall. Easily fixed with those parallel uprights and a good aluminum welder though.
Among other things, the original 25 had "190 Limited" on the rear transom with nice shiny LT-1s under the motorbox. The rest of the lovely 93s had nods to "25 Years of Excellence."

Anniversary year models versus limited production models. Then, there's the Limited production models versus the offered for one year only $750 optional Stars and Stripes 190 packages. That's the more often mischaracterized distinction that doesn't, for an instant, lessen my love for the S&S190.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 07-12-2013, 12:42 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk13 View Post
Wonder what the original colors could have been with that exterior though....red and grey maybe?

Homer--I was originally thinking Barewest for that tower but doesn't look like any of the current ones. Good news is it's all welded and not a universal tower-in-a-box so it should be a bit more solid.
Red and gray with red piping, most likely.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club