Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2013, 10:28 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
For a difference of under $200, I would order the 3 event. It maximizes your fun and resale for the unit.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 07-10-2013, 11:14 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Too late TRR. When I talked to the guys at PP this morning and explained all I do on the boat he said if I have no need to time my runs, then the Wake edition was basically the same thing without timing capabilities.Wake edition GPS stargazer is on its way.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:19 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Too late TRR. When I talked to the guys at PP this morning and explained all I do on the boat he said if I have no need to time my runs, then the Wake edition was basically the same thing without timing capabilities.Wake edition GPS stargazer is on its way.
Sorry, I didn't catch you in time. I just don;t see the purpose in saving $150 bucks when in the grand scheme of things, you spent 1195 on it, and you'll definitely have guests doing other things than wakeboarding.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 07-10-2013, 03:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
@ourX15:

I got a 2015 X-15 which originally had no touchscreen but did have ZeroOff.

I asked my dealer to retrofit the touchscreen before delivery, which he did, which by the way is not much of a problem because the can in the boat generally is plug and play with all cables /plugs in the harness, same with the ZeroOff GPS antenna(control module).
MC although will explicitly tell the dealer they don't care about the problems he'll encounter, and doesn't support retrofitting of original components. Even if the problems that arose actually had nothing to do with the retrofit itself, but the software on the early versions of BIG/GDIG.

So you DO already have PerfectPass, every 2012 boat comes with it, due to the missing touchscreen you just cant add/edit profiles. If you get the GPS antenna, drill a hole and plug it into the existing plug, you'll have ZeroOff, unplug it and you'll revert back to PP .

Ignition off when doing these things!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 - 350 TBI Predator, 1:1, 13x11.5 OJ 3-Blade
**Deleted. Skier to skier already mentioned.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 - 350 TBI Predator, 1:1, 13x11.5 OJ 3-Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Sorry, I didn't catch you in time. I just don;t see the purpose in saving $150 bucks when in the grand scheme of things, you spent 1195 on it, and you'll definitely have guests doing other things than wakeboarding.
He is running a V-Drive boat, so course timing is probably not a big necessity on his non-AWSA approved towboat

I was considering getting the Wakeboard version too, but I am leaning toward 3-event for my 195.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
My 02 had perfect pass, my 12 has zero off. For wakeboarding on a river, perfect pass (paddle wheel) was much better. With zero off, you have to adjust the speed everytime you turn around (with or against current). Also, I turn around under a bridge in my main spot. Zero off loses signal and freaks out under the bridge. I can't do double ups anymore with speed control on.

Also with the high water this year and varying current, everytime I go, I have to figure out what speed setting I need for both directions. It isn't that big of a deal if I'm driving, but when I'm back behind the boat, it can be a challenge for the inexperienced driver.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
My 02 had perfect pass, my 12 has zero off. For wakeboarding on a river, perfect pass (paddle wheel) was much better. With zero off, you have to adjust the speed everytime you turn around (with or against current). Also, I turn around under a bridge in my main spot. Zero off loses signal and freaks out under the bridge. I can't do double ups anymore with speed control on.

Also with the high water this year and varying current, everytime I go, I have to figure out what speed setting I need for both directions. It isn't that big of a deal if I'm driving, but when I'm back behind the boat, it can be a challenge for the inexperienced driver.
I opted for the GPS version after many people claimed issues. I figured no issues mechanically in trade for a few adjustments to the PP is fine with me. And saving some dough was good too. Not that it mattered. At first I was all about the 3event. Then after talking with them at PP I ended up being talked down. And when a company talks you down to a lower grade product because they value their reputation. You go with it.

Overall great experience so far. Can't wait to get it in the boat.

I'm not going to lie. Having a MC with PerfectPass has been a life long dream. And it will soon be true. AWSA or not

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2