Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 07-06-2013, 01:57 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2001 Prostar 190
LTR engine won't stop running

So, just got finished with rebuilding my 2001 Indmar LTR 350 after tuning some other things there seems to only be one major issue: the key and safety kill switch will not stop the engine from running. The engine runs beautifully and the initial break in went well.

I'm thinking there's something that isn't grounding with the ignition loop but everything is hooked up properly to my knowledge..

Ideas/questions??

We've been stopping the engine by pulling ignition wires off the coil pack. Not ideal.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:04 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, '97 Sammy Duvall Prostar 205, Std 5.7L
My guess that either the ignition switch is (suddenly) faulty or despite your observation that "everything is hooked up properly" it actually isn't and a circuit providing ignition is not interrupted by the ignition switch when it's turned to the off position.

(Sorry ... I have often been accused of having a firm grip of the obvious.)
Old 07-07-2013, 09:25 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscalzo View Post
So, just got finished with rebuilding my 2001 Indmar LTR 350 after tuning some other things there seems to only be one major issue: the key and safety kill switch will not stop the engine from running. The engine runs beautifully and the initial break in went well.

I'm thinking there's something that isn't grounding with the ignition loop but everything is hooked up properly to my knowledge..

Ideas/questions??

We've been stopping the engine by pulling ignition wires off the coil pack. Not ideal.
If it doesn't stop, there's a problem with the wiring. Which wires were disconnected, and did you mark them as to their locations?