Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft ProStar 190 1999 330HP Powerslot - 1st MC 1987 ProStar Current 2012 ProStar 197
That is absolutely awesome! Great job! I want one!!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:26 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Master Craft PowerSlot 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheat View Post
Love the video and the boat! I'd have to go nitro though -
I would prefer nitro as well. But nitro will not work with the skier. You need to be able to begin from a stop to shore start Ken. Sometimes when he falls, I am able to pull him back up from a deep start, depends on how he falls. Otherwise, I can usually just slowly drag him back to shore. With nitro this is impossible and the boat stalls...
Old 07-09-2013, 11:37 AM
chriscraftmatt1976

Is it brushless?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:45 PM
TT Newbie

Yes. It has a large 40mm x 82mm 2,000KV brushless. It is very quick without Ken.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:55 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Sidewinder
Great project! Have you thought about adding a little "doghouse" / engine box to it. How do you find the engine / speed control / battery temps when you drive at cruising speeds? Did you experiment with a conventional drive before going to a surface drive? What are you using for a speed control / batteries? I have a Supervee 27 that I run 2 x 6 cell Venom 3300 mAh packs in, but they are reaching the end of their life. I'm debating upgrading to lipo. The only issue with the boat is everything gets really hot unless you run 3/4+ throttle. Fine for me, but not great for letting others use it. Do you have any other RC boats? I have a Dumas Chris~Craft racing runabout that remains unbuilt and I'm debating picking up a pair of Reef Racers or Zig Zag for my son's 5th birthday next year.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:14 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
That thing is perfect! Love the flag! I think Barbie needs to work on her driving skills a bit...

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

Last edited by Double D; 07-24-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:28 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheat View Post
Love the video and the boat! I'd have to go nitro though -
We already know you watched the video bc of your comment.

Great build by the way. I saw this video about a week ago. I didn't post it up here bc I figured one day you might make it over here and share it with us.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:13 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
Great project! Have you thought about adding a little "doghouse" / engine box to it. How do you find the engine / speed control / battery temps when you drive at cruising speeds? Did you experiment with a conventional drive before going to a surface drive? What are you using for a speed control / batteries? I have a Supervee 27 that I run 2 x 6 cell Venom 3300 mAh packs in, but they are reaching the end of their life. I'm debating upgrading to lipo. The only issue with the boat is everything gets really hot unless you run 3/4+ throttle. Fine for me, but not great for letting others use it. Do you have any other RC boats? I have a Dumas Chris~Craft racing runabout that remains unbuilt and I'm debating picking up a pair of Reef Racers or Zig Zag for my son's 5th birthday next year.
The battery does get pretty hot when running flat out. In fact, the last time I ran it without Ken, the 5500 mAh 40c 4 cell actually melted the solder off its 5.5mm connectors. The rest stays pretty cool as it has 3 cooling pickups. I am currently running a 180A Seaking ESC, a 2000kv Leopard 4082 and an Octura x447 prop. Went surface as that is all I saw to base the thing off, and wanted it to be quick as well.

The boat is 36" long and a bit heavy for the length as it is hand-laid fiberglass over balsa. I may try a 1600kv motor to limit the amp draw and try a larger prop. This is my first foray into model boats. It has been fun, and it works much better than I thought it would.

I have also seen the Chris Craft models, and wouldn't mind building one of those too.