Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2013, 07:08 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
when did this happen? from "TSR Malibu"

This new alliance of passionate individuals look to take Texas to a new level. Texas is a state unlike any other and the top market for towboats. Malibu is the number one watersports towboat, not only in Texas, but the U.S. and worldwide as well. Together, we will have a laser focus on continuing to keep Malibu as the dominant brand in Texas.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
IMO, dealers are responsible for the success of the brand (and the converse is unfortunately true as well). Even an inferior product can be made enjoyable by the right dealer.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
when did this happen? from "TSR Malibu"

This new alliance of passionate individuals look to take Texas to a new level. Texas is a state unlike any other and the top market for towboats. Malibu is the number one watersports towboat, not only in Texas, but the U.S. and worldwide as well. Together, we will have a laser focus on continuing to keep Malibu as the dominant brand in Texas.
It has been in the works for a while however today is the official first day that they are a Malibu dealer.

It is weird to go by there and see Malibu and axis instead of Mastercraft in the Showroom.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:28 PM
MC Maniac

no im saying when was malibu the number one towboat in the nation or texas at all
Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 PM
MC Fanatic

I believe Malibu brands has sold the most boats nation wide. That is if you combine all of their lines. here is what I could find.

After showing resilience through the US economy recession, Malibu now commands a widening market share of almost one-third of the market, with domestic market share growth of nearly seven percent in the last three years. As of Fall 2012, Statistical Surveys, Inc. places Malibu as the market share leader at 24.1 percent. Combined with Axis Wake Research, the pair is responsible for 30.0 percent of the market. (Source: http://www.statisticalsurveys.com)
Old 07-01-2013, 07:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Kind of surprising, here are the numbers I could find from 2004, I guess they have been the sales leader for a while.
Malibu 24.80%
MasterCraft 20.63%
CC 13.25%
Centurion 9.39%
Moomba 9.08%

and so on.

source is Statistical Surveys inc.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:12 PM
MC Maniac

thats disappointing
Old 07-01-2013, 10:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Malibu for the past few years has always been the leader if not #2 in toatal national sales for the inboard market. The also really advertise and pay( I mean push) for all the awards given thru the industry. Ie NMMA, JD power etc. Whether you think their crap or not there is no denying the fact they are a force to reckon with. Whil build quality can be argued all day long, what cant be argued is their performance. Their wakes ski and wakeboard, and now even more in the surf are all top quality. The addition of Axis has put a nice bump in their sales as well. Axis has taken off and from the 2014 product rumors they are stepping up yet again, pushing them more out of the budget boat ranks. They are going to have 2 pro model boats optioned to the gills and rumor has it surfgate option as well. The 2013 Axis A22 saw huge revamp inside and a beef up on the quality of parts used and finish. While finish wise it stil def lacks the Bu end product, performance wise there is absolutely no question their wakes are killer. The are huge, clean, hard and crisp. Malibu hit a home run after a couple interior and part refinements. They take a ton of feed back from customers. The original shaky, rattly, bathtub version that was introduced has come a long way.

What I would like to see are the actual profit margins for each company compared to their unit sales.

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun

Last edited by swatguy; 07-01-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 MasterCraft Prostar 190 TT, Indmar MCX GM 350
So now with the news that TSR is no longer associated with MasterCraft -- it begs the question -- what MasterCraft delaerships remain in Texas (if any)???

Hook Em' Horns
Old 07-02-2013, 12:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-Series, 30, 2008
Texas Mastercraft in ft worth and Dockside in Houston.