Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2013, 05:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
Dockside Marine on south end right off 105 of Lake Conroe is a MC dealer, they picked MC up after Houston MC folded. My impression is it's a Nautique dealer than happens to have Mastercraft.
ah thats who i was confused with!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
dockside actually does a pretty good job of stocking and representing both brands from my experience.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:00 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
I heard that from my dealer last week! TX mc, theres boat town in austin but they sell nautique too. and i think there is one in houston too but im not sure.
I thought Boat Town lost its MC dealership several years ago. But I went to their website and they list MC in the new inventory, which turned out to be "close out" inventory. If you click on the MC banner, you get a 404 page. Was never terribly impressed with them the several times I stopped in there in the past. That said, I have never been ignored with such enthusiasm.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
as far as I know, Boat Town has never lost MC
Old 07-01-2013, 06:06 PM
MC Maniac

Boat town and slalom shop here in lewisville are pretty much the same dealers. theyre owned by two people who really only push to sell cobalt, not really giving a crap about the ski boats..
Old 07-01-2013, 06:41 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Ski Ranch dropped MC. Initially they were just going to pick up Malibu as an additional line to carry, however due to some other factors that I am sure will come out later they have gone exclusively to Malibu/Axis etc...

this was a big loss for MC, Ski Ranch was always one of their top dealers and had a really really good customer satisfaction rating. Josh was often who MC turned to in order to Diagnose difficult issues that other dealers where not able to handle.

I am personally going to consider selling my MC and making the jump, mainly because Ski Ranch is 15 min from my house and has always provided great service. That is invaluable in boat ownership and to me might be worth making the change to insure I continue to have the same level of enjoyment out of my boat.

Now if Josh and Neal ever leave, that would be a different story.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:41 PM
MC Fanatic

Also- Doesn't Central Texas Watersports carry MC? not sure.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM
MC Maniac

theyre malibu.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:44 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncotw View Post
I JUST got off the phone with Texas Ski Ranch and it's true! They are now a Malibu delaer.... They mentioned they would honor existing MasterCraft Warranty's for another year..... After one year they said they would service all inboards..... The head of the Service Department "Josh" will remain of staff.... That cat rocks and I am glad he will remain..... I am STUNNED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskonn View Post
Ski Ranch dropped MC. Initially they were just going to pick up Malibu as an additional line to carry, however due to some other factors that I am sure will come out later they have gone exclusively to Malibu/Axis etc...

this was a big loss for MC, Ski Ranch was always one of their top dealers and had a really really good customer satisfaction rating. Josh was often who MC turned to in order to Diagnose difficult issues that other dealers where not able to handle.

I am personally going to consider selling my MC and making the jump, mainly because Ski Ranch is 15 min from my house and has always provided great service. That is invaluable in boat ownership and to me might be worth making the change to insure I continue to have the same level of enjoyment out of my boat.

Now if Josh and Neal ever leave, that would be a different story.
did you read this? theyll still service your boat.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
did you read this? theyll still service your boat.
Yes I read this, I also understand that once they are completely out of the MC game turn around time on repairs will often be quicker on their represented brand due to what parts are kept in stock. I have no doubt that they will continue to take care of any of their loyal MC customers over the years. They have always gone above and beyond for their customers.

I also just spoke with a friend of mine at Ski Ranch and he said that they could be servicing mastercrafts and honoring warranties from the 1 to 3 year range. It all depends on which direction MC wants to go.