Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2013, 08:27 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Some people have all the luck

I am one that is constantly on the hunt for a deal, which is part of the reason I went through three boats last year. I was in rambo marine the other day and talking with the mechanic, Deion and he was telling me about an 89 190 that he has. I asked how long he had it bc last time I talked with him he had an xstar. He said that he got it a couple months ago. Turns out his father in law found the boat at an estate sale and offered them $1000 so they took it. He told Deion about the boat but not that he had bought it and when Deion saw it, his FIL threw him the keys and said here you go. The boat had been sitting on a trailer in a garage for about four years with a cover on it and aside from a little oxidation below the cover, the boat was in great shape. Original upholstery in great condition too. All he had to do was change the fluids and plugs and she fired right up. I would love to come across a deal like that but of course when I am looking I will never come across one. Maybe I should just stop looking and one will fall in my lap.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:07 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
those opportunities are rare but still can be found. Maybe not a MC, but odd things thru estate or garage/moving sales when someone doesn't have a clue of what they have or the value. Have to be in the right place at the right time ... Great story! and congrats to your friend!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:24 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Stars and Stripes
Most of the time, those deals are from people who don't know what they have.

A guy I know has an espresso machine I've been chasing for the past few years. He knew what he had, but didn't want to sell. I offered him a couple thousand for it three years ago and he said no. Our espresso tech had a buyer and he said no. The other day, I asked him if he still had it. He said 'yeah, you want to buy it? Hasn't been used in 5 years. $500 and it's yours.' I jumped on it and gave it to my tech to fix. Few parts and a little work later, it's running.

I'll use it, then sell it and make some money! He's happy and I'm happy!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:13 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
When I pass away I will tell my wife to post all of my stuff on this board. She has no need for the lake house, the Maristar 200, the F150, or all of my equipment. Maybe one of you can get a good deal!