Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 07-07-2013, 07:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
I ordered the bolt on replacement. I assume it it's DOT 3, but I was curious if anyone has used 4 or 5.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

I got my outer member painted and the inner assembly installed. I see what others have said about spinning the assembly on the brake line to prevent the line from twisting. Before I did that I prehung the assembly on the trailer frame and noticed an issue. On the old assembly the female port on the back of the reverse lockout cylinder is close to the pivot point of the coupler assembly. On the new coupler assembly the port is much further forward. I think I can get the flexible brake line to reach the port and screw in. My concern is that the line will already be stretched and taught that it won't be long enough to allow the coupler assembly to swing away. Am I missing something? Has anyone ran into situation?
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 AM
TT Regular

Boat: MC, X9, 2006, RTP-1
How did you get your brake line attached? Do you remove the old adapter from the reliable one and attach it to the new UFP solenoid?
Old 07-29-2013, 06:04 AM
TT Enthusiast

I'm not sure what you mean by adapter.