Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 06-30-2013, 11:25 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 maristar
2000 maristar - I need to purchase new guages - someone help please

I am looking to purchase new guages for my maristar 200 230 vrs. I have no idea where to get them, who to call. I have tried web searches but have come up empty. I know I have seen a few on EBAY, But I have no idea if they will work with my boat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please and Thank you.

Frank
Old 06-30-2013, 12:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 - 350 TBI Predator, 1:1, 13x11.5 OJ 3-Blade
Are you trying to find factory gauges? There are many manufacturers of marine-grade gauges out there; except for the speedometers they aren't fundamentally different from auto gauges. Look at Autometer, Faria, Teleflex, Livorsi and many more.

If you don't have speed control, PerfectPass displays have a speedometer built in so you could replace one or both with that.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
Mine came with Teleflex Sahara gauges; searching for that gives tons of hits like this or this.

The only real issue with this kind of swap is the speedometer - need to choose an appropriate max speed (0-50 works well for our boats), and the type of sensor. For example, mine uses a paddle wheel for speed pickup, but all the current models that Teleflex sells use a pitot pickup.

Is the problem that your gauges all died at the same time, or just that they look ugly?

/frank
Old 06-30-2013, 04:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
I have the speedometer gauge from a 2000 Maristar I could sell you if that is of interest. I would load photo but that doesn't seem to be working currently on Teamtalk
Old 06-30-2013, 06:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
Frank, I bought mine off of Ebay and then the clock and speedo from Mastercraft (that hurt), the gauges all worked but the speedo was different in that it plugged in but had a larger display and didn't register hours. You can get the part numbers off of the gauges. Mine is a 2000 prostar, but same era same gauges I expect. Have fun.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 maristar
Thanks for the replies - Here is the good news

Thank you all for the help. First of all my speedometer is perfectly fine - That was replaced. Second, all the guages work, they are just cracked badly.

So really all I want to do is replace because they are all cracked and look terrible. I just did not know how to match up aftermarket (Do I just call and tell them the year and model of the mastercraft - they then ship me the aftermarket guages that will match up?

I do plan to have a technician replace them ( I am too worried about messing something up)

Do I have to worry about the odometer due it having the digital hour counter?)

Thanks again
Old 06-30-2013, 08:10 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Great Lake skipper sells complete new old stock that came right from mastercraft. Gauges may have different trim bezel or color by year but are mostly all the same. If they don't have exact year model another year would likely work. Bigger question is why are you replacing them all. If all failed, it's likely medallion gauge black box under the dash that is bad. There are many posts on this.

Saw your reasoning for replacing the gauges so disregard black box comment

Just checked Great Lakes and they have complete sets starting at $400. You can also use a prostar set and sell the extra speedometer

Last edited by Rossterman; 06-30-2013 at 08:27 PM.