Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2013, 12:22 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: None
2006 205V Question

About the pull the trigger on a 2005 205v and had a question about ballast. When I checked out the boat, it has the 3 button ballast control up near the dash, however it did not have the actual bags/tanks in the rear lockers or floor locker. I asked the owner about it, and he said it was an option that they did not get at the time. However, since it has the control pane, does that mean it is all wired or plumbed for a system and I just need to get some bags? I don't mind paying for a wakemakers system, however am very paranoid about drilling holes in the boat. I guess I'm trying to figure out if that portion of the plumbing is already done, or if they just throw the panel on there for looks.

Also, how does 25k sound for a 2005 with about 180 hrs? Tower, stereo system, covers, excellent shape.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:53 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
The switches are there to "fill the gap" so to speak and allow later additions. There will be no plumbing of any kind in the boat whatsoever. To me this is a good thing. It will allow you to build exactly what you want and need with the best equipment. Will also allow you to learn a ton of how it all works. I would just opt right away for the 750lb fly high rear bags. Depending on your ability and how u wish to progress they may be filled to the max quicker than u think. If you are just starting out you don't have to fill them all the way. If you want to surf at all the 750's are a must. For a center sac your best bet is to have a custom one made direct from fly high and it will fill the entite locker. It's cheaper than ordering a bag from MC. There are a ton of threads on how to weight this boat. Do a search of 205v/x1/XStar weight. Quick nest ballast possible 750's in rear, locker sac full, and fly high bow triangle full and that is a wake any pro rider will still drool over .

What engine is in it? Does it have perfect pass?
On the surface with base 310 engine, clean , and options you stated ......assuming it has trailer that is pretty solid deal. Throw in if it has the upgraded engine , racks, and perfect pass and your in approaching crazy deal central.

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun
Old 06-29-2013, 01:21 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
If there are actual switches rather than just block off plates then it could potentially have the wiring pre- installed but not completed. That would be pretty rare though as ive never seen that occur before.

I did a near factory ballast install on our 2001 205v thats posted on here. Found a factory wiring harness on ebay for cheap that was a perfect fit and included switches and circuit breakers. Mounted everything in stock locations and used dedicated 1" through hulls for each johnson pump.

Did a quick check as maybe some more of these harnesses were still for sale but no luck.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X1
My 2007 x1 had rear only, so two switches. However it had the third switch as well, with all the wiring, but no third pump or bag, in the locker. Made it really easy to add.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:40 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartlandX1 View Post
My 2007 x1 had rear only, so two switches. However it had the third switch as well, with all the wiring, but no third pump or bag, in the locker. Made it really easy to add.
Since the wiring loom includes wiring for all three that makes sense as they dont make a two or four ballast system- just all three or nothing.

I was figuring that since there was no ballast, there would likely be the holes for the switches but no actual switches or circuit breakers installed =no wiring installed either...
Old 06-29-2013, 10:45 AM
TT Newbie

It has the base engine, cruise control (not perfect pass) and wake racks, that's about it. Oh, and a nice stereo system (subs, amps, tower speakers). The condition of the boat is a solid 9 of10. Interior is perfect, exterior also excellent. I wish I would have spent more time looking into the ballast switches, not sure if any wires were present or not. I was looking online about all night, and saw some references to similar boats that were delivered with switches, pumps, and plumbing, just no tanks/bags. I doubt this is the case, but won't know until I take a better look.

I'm also reading that the surf wake is not great on the 205v. Is this true? I will probably float 50%, wakeboard 25% and surf 25%. My purpose of buying a v-ride is to not have extra bags necessary for wakesurfing. I would probably do the 750 rears, center bag, and bow bag, but all hard plumbed. I don't really want to have to move bags around.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:53 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
You have any pics of the boat? Where in the SE are you located?

From what I have heard, when weighted right, the 205V has a decent surf wake, but not a great surf wake. If you want a great surf wake, you will have to go with a larger boat. The wakeboard wake should be pretty killer when weighted down though. Good luck. Sounds like you found a pretty good deal for the year.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:09 AM
TT Newbie

Actually it has the MCX 350 engine, I was way off. Had to look back at my photos (looked at several boats.

I'm in South Carolina. The other boat I'm looking at is a 2007 Mobius LSV with all options (only 90 hours).

For some reason it won't let me upload photos, keeps telling me error. I made an album with a few photos.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:25 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
If you get a photobucket account, upload them to there and then on the thread. If not, try just putting a link to an ad or something.

I can't tell you a whole lot about the Moomba, other than their quality is not what MC is, although the more recent ones I have seen have stepped it up quite a bit but still not near MC. 90 hrs is nothing for a 2007. Did they just go cruising a couple times a year and have it in their garage the rest or what? The MCX 350 engine is an option and that makes that deal even sweeter. What kind of cruise does the boat have if not PP? Zero Off?

Last edited by CC2MC; 06-29-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:38 AM
TT Newbie

Boat

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/De...ow/Mastercraft