Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2013, 08:55 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC View Post
As one of the marketing people you referenced, let me assure you our heads are not where you say they are. The MasterCrafts you see on the site are the 2014 MasterCraft boats that we are currently building. By the home page graphic, you can see that our boat offering will grow by one on July 1. And not too long from now, we will be adding another boat to our lineup that we hope will restore the respect we have lost from you. Stay tuned is all I can say (or else they will find me and kill me).

Jason
Nice burn!!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Well, just lost more respect for MC. I know they don't sell many DD boats but they still sell them and produce them, right?? So they should be on the web site and under the line-up. The marketing people need to get their heads out of the butts!!

Disclaimer: Just my "OPINION" as a MC boat owner and a web site designer...
This website is the mastercraft boat fan forum, but has mostly I would wager recreational skiers. I've been scouring the more "slalom/three event" type sites for rumors, BoS, ski all 6, creaky row boat etc. And I still have found nothing!

If anything, we know MC is going to have a boat for 3 eventers, and apparently rumor has that the slalom wakes are better than the current crop, further rumor reads that they were tweaking to keep the shape appropriate for the wake/trick type individual.

This is all vile supposition.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:50 PM
TT Regular

Boat: current: 2010 X14v, 350MCX - former: 1997 PS190 w/ LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
This website is the mastercraft boat fan forum, but has mostly I would wager recreational skiers. I've been scouring the more "slalom/three event" type sites for rumors, BoS, ski all 6, creaky row boat etc. And I still have found nothing!

If anything, we know MC is going to have a boat for 3 eventers, and apparently rumor has that the slalom wakes are better than the current crop, further rumor reads that they were tweaking to keep the shape appropriate for the wake/trick type individual.

This is all vile supposition.
Agreed....Clearly supposition on our part. It seems impossible for MC to entirely shed its connection to the sport of water skiing. Understand and would agree a major unveiling of a new 190/197 hull is the right strategy and frankly one the boat deserves considering its heritage; however, I would not for a single day totally abandon any reference to Prostar or direct-drives in any shape or form on the site.

Communicating a "stay tuned" message or leaving 2013 boats on the site maintains the commitment while not taking away from a grand entrance at a future date.

Where this issue compounds is within other digital properties. The revised iOS app MC launched several months ago is sans 190/197 and direct drives. If you go to the dealership (which I did yesterday) the internal dealer ordering site is also sans any direct-drive or 190/197. I flat out asked my dealer if I could order a 2014 214 DD and he said, "No-- None available on the internal site." They where quite surprised to not find them there... They too where in the dark with what was happening with 190/197 relaunch.

Beyond the drastic shift in position as communicated by existing digital properties, it is not hard to see the overall mix strongly weighted towards V-drive, surfing and wake-boarding. I get the change in market and the business reality of following the volume. But I also know skiing is not dead, this is where the heritage and equity lie and what business / volume is there will be taken by someone else.

So.. maybe a grand unveiling???? which I will be the first to celebrate... but in the meantime we speculate and possibly look one more time at what the fuss is with that Nautique 200...
Old 06-28-2013, 08:47 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC View Post
As one of the marketing people you referenced, let me assure you our heads are not where you say they are. The MasterCrafts you see on the site are the 2014 MasterCraft boats that we are currently building. By the home page graphic, you can see that our boat offering will grow by one on July 1. And not too long from now, we will be adding another boat to our lineup that we hope will restore the respect we have lost from you. Stay tuned is all I can say (or else they will find me and kill me).

Jason
Nice way to say said head reference to said back end - my favorite "suffering from cranial rectal inversion" -

Let's all remember who MC is marketing to... I wish I was one who could buy new every couple years.

I have my eye on some 2012's - that's about my life limit... I'll be through when I can buy one of those...in 2027..
Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
The site looks great and really runs smoothly. Definitely a fan.

Last edited by swatguy; 06-29-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
TMC, I like everything about the site but it seems the dealer locater is not working right. When I put in my zip code (west Tn.) it says the closest dealer is the factory in Vonore, Tn. I know there is a dealer in Conway, Ar. and there was a dealer just out side Nashville last year.