Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2013, 05:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 X-Star (current) 1994 PS190, 1990 TriStar
Ballast Overnight?

After the last set of the day, we always drain the ballast as we put the boat away for the day, then frequently fill it right back up again in the morning.

We have an '02 X-Star (205V hull) with front center and rear fly high sacks, typically 1500lbs or so. The lift is fine with the weight, but looking for advice on whether to leave it in or fill it back up. Because its 15 mins to fill the whole thing up, if we left it full, it would save us some time. (draining is of course much easier)
Old 06-27-2013, 06:01 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Whichever you decide, make sure you have a fully charged battery and a working bilge pump in case one of the tanks/sacks decides to give way during the 10 hours you are not watching OR if it is on the lift take the plug out (dont forget to put it back in).

I always left mine full and kept it in the water overnight but checked on it before I went to bed and made sure the bilge worked and was in auto mode (probably checked it a few times because I have an OCD problem).
Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-45
Are you leaving in water?

In general I think think whats 15min really? Not worth it to me..

If it stays in the water overnight then only worry is a broken hose or tank and overwhelming the bilge pump.

If you are putting on a lift or trailer you have your answer absolutely drain. The structure is not designed for that kind of load out of the water.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:22 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Rob View Post
Are you leaving in water?

In general I think think whats 15min really? Not worth it to me..

If it stays in the water overnight then only worry is a broken hose or tank and overwhelming the bilge pump.

If you are putting on a lift or trailer you have your answer absolutely drain. The structure is not designed for that kind of load out of the water.
^^This