Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2013, 09:39 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
Man, wow that is crazy.

Good luck with the clean up and getting back up and running. The weather has definitely been weird the last 3 years!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
I was wondering the same think when I too saw that MC on the news. It looked like an older 06-07 model. I think that video was taken in High River.

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Old 06-27-2013, 11:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 02 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtw_travel View Post
I should really post this in the glassy water thread. This is a park , and there's grass under there.
Any way you can get your boat in there????
Old 06-27-2013, 11:11 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 X30 GEN2
Sorry to hear your losses, let me know if I can help.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-14V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seano View Post
Sorry to hear your losses, let me know if I can help.
Thanks. We're worn out, but actually doing very well thanks to the many volunteers. We have a small bit of insulation to remove behind the wall in the mechanical room, and clean the mud off the gas fireplace and see if that still works. Then it's final cleanup, disinfect and start drying.

Oh... After three days, they got the excavator next door working! It's been driven out of the yard and taken away. ... And while I've had no time to go skiing, I do smile every time I drive by that 'lake'. The water had drained quite a bit- it's more like a pond now. With a week of sunshine in the forecast, it'll be a puddle in no time

Last edited by rtw_travel; 06-28-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star
Glad to hear the generosity of everyone in the true spirit of a Canadian.

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2012 Volkswagen GTI 5dr DSG, Carbon Grey Metallic w/ Leather/Luxury, Technology and 18" Serron Pkg's. H&R springs, Unitronic Stage 2 Chip, Ultimate racing 3" downpipe w/200 cell metal cat, xenondepot 3k HID Fog lights.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:38 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
I heard that there are areas that for the last 8 days have been quarantined and police won't let residents in the areas to repair or assess damages. And that the Canadian police searched through that areas homes and took all the guns.

What's going on up their?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-29-2013, 02:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
Ah yes -- guns and Canadians!

We once had a mandatory long gun registry that the current government scrapped a couple of years ago. (Handguns still must be registered and assault-type rifles are generally illegal.) In this present situation the RCMP evidently grabbed unsecured firearms as they were going house to house checking. (People may have put them on tables and counters hoping to keep them dry before evacuating.) Here in Canada, legally-owned firearms must be stored in a secure lockup cabinet in one's house. The word is that they will be returned once things get back to normal. Now, for anyone who had an illegal firearm . . . hmmm -- not sure what will happen. Our Prime Minister did issue a statement saying that he thought the RCMP had overstepped their bounds and should be concentrating on more important matters during this crisis.

Caveat: I have owned legal firerarms in the past; I do not own any now. I have no particular opinion one way or the other.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-14V
I was volunteering in High River a few weeks ago and saw the boats that were flooded that the OP asked about - most of them are in this picture, which I just found on the internet. Seeing the other thread on "Seriously Tired of this S&%* (Rain Thread)" reminded me that I had forgotten to post the picture.

So here you go. I think the centre boat is an MC? I'm sure some of you MC experts can identify which model it is.

*Edit - I should clarify - It may look like it, but the photographer is not standing on a beach, and these boats have not washed up on the shore. The photographer is standing on the main road through the centre of town looking at what used to be a front yard.

** Edit again. Here is google maps before the flood. My guess is that the boats floated away from the marina a few blocks away - some with and some without trailers. They were carried by the flood until they got caught up in this man's house & trees. The 'normal' river is a few blocks from both the marina and this house.

Google Maps Location
Attached Images

Last edited by rtw_travel; 07-30-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:43 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtw_travel View Post
I was volunteering in High River a few weeks ago and saw the boats that were flooded that the OP asked about - most of them are in this picture, which I just found on the internet. Seeing the other thread on "Seriously Tired of this S&%* (Rain Thread)" reminded me that I had forgotten to post the picture.

So here you go. I think the centre boat is an MC? I'm sure some of you MC experts can identify which model it is.

*Edit - I should clarify - It may look like it, but the photographer is not standing on a beach, and these boats have not washed up on the shore. The photographer is standing on the main road through the centre of town looking at what used to be a front yard.

** Edit again. Here is google maps before the flood. My guess is that the boats floated away from the marina a few blocks away - some with and some without trailers. They were carried by the flood until they got caught up in this man's house & trees. The 'normal' river is a few blocks from both the marina and this house.

Google Maps Location
OK, I puked again!! I hate seeing this...

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams