Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 06-28-2013, 12:27 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
It's funny because when Ronix first hit the scene I rode their Cells. I have an A-B width foot and the Cells had the tightest feel. I was all over the place inside the Ones. In 2009 Ronix changed their mold, materials, and baseplates. I went to go pick up my yearly new pair and all of a sudden the new mold Cells didn't fit my feet. I waa slopping around inside there. I ended up swapping over to the Ones then. With the change in design the Ones got narrow all of a sudden and the Cells widened out. Crazy how that worked when their pro rider has stayed the same for the One series. I ain't complaining because I love thier fit whether it was the cell or the ones.....just kind of weird that huge shift in one season when the bindings were revamped.

And btw thanks for that link. Holy crap those are some deals. Dam u. Now I am gonna have to grab some gear at those prices.
For me it's worse because they are about 10 minutes from my house - not good!

You can never have too many boards - what the wife does not know will not hurt her.

I tried the Ronix Phoenix today at the cable park. I removed all fins (decided to go without the "park" fins as well). It was sooooo easy to surface spin the board even in chop. No problems doing backslides. I had to get use to not pushing too hard on the tail when edging hard otherwise it would slip out. I hit a box and it was like I was gliding across butter. I hit a kicker and again glided right up it with practically zero resistance. No line at the cable park today - I think my arms are about 2" longer now.

Since it has removable fins, I'm going to put the 1" fins on and see how the new board feels behind a boat - hopefully on Sunday.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:31 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
It's funny because when Ronix first hit the scene I rode their Cells. I have an A-B width foot and the Cells had the tightest feel. I was all over the place inside the Ones. In 2009 Ronix changed their mold, materials, and baseplates. I went to go pick up my yearly new pair and all of a sudden the new mold Cells didn't fit my feet. I waa slopping around inside there. I ended up swapping over to the Ones then. With the change in design the Ones got narrow all of a sudden and the Cells widened out. Crazy how that worked when their pro rider has stayed the same for the One series. I ain't complaining because I love thier fit whether it was the cell or the ones.....just kind of weird that huge shift in one season when the bindings were revamped.

And btw thanks for that link. Holy crap those are some deals. Dam u. Now I am gonna have to grab some gear at those prices.
I typically get 2E in a running shoe since they are soft. For dress shoes I sometimes have to got to 4E. Add bunion on the outside joint of little toe and pronating foot = serious pain if boot/shoe does not fit correctly.

For me water sports stuff shopping is worse because they are about 10 minutes from my house - not good! You can never have too many boards - what the wife does not know will not hurt her.

I tried the Ronix Phoenix today at the cable park. I removed all fins (decided to go without the "park" fins as well). It was sooooo easy to surface spin the board even in chop. No problems doing backslides. I had to get use to not pushing too hard on the tail when edging hard otherwise it would slip out. I hit a box and it was like I was gliding across butter. I hit a kicker and again glided right up it with practically zero resistance. No line at the cable park today - I think my arms are about 2" longer now.

Since it has removable fins, I'm going to put the 1" fins on and see how the new board feels behind a boat - hopefully on Sunday. I figure it will most likely be just a park board but might as well give it a try to see how it does.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:40 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
That's the board I was considering. That and the 2012 Parks board. May have to flip a coin

My wife has stopped trying to keep track of my gear. I started grabbing her new stuff all the time as well and she yelled at me to stop changing her setup. Told me she doesn't care what new board I show up with as long as hers doesn't change......can't argue with that.

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun
Old 06-28-2013, 01:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 X-Star
Quote:
My wife has stopped trying to keep track of my gear. I started grabbing her new stuff all the time as well and she yelled at me to stop changing her setup. Told me she doesn't care what new board I show up with as long as hers doesn't change......can't argue with that.
Wife is working this weekend (I hope). This will allow me to install my secreted away Wet Sounds equipment and new One boots. She probably won't notice the Ones, but I have a sinking feeling she'll notice the Rev10s. As far as boards, might I suggest you get a three-sided coin and consider a Slingshot Lyman too. Oh my frick'n frick do I love that board.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 205
Do you guys have any issues with your feet cramping/hurting after awhile?

I got 2012 ones this year and love them but after 15' of riding my feet hurt bad enough to make me quit, I figured they'd break in but I've rode them since February and not much improvement. It is probably from snugging them up too much but I love having that locked in feeling especially coming off velcro vantage bindings.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 PM
MC Fanatic

Did you heat mold them? I'm worried about cramping too. My Divides are my first boots that didn't kill my feet, so hoping the One's are as kind.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:17 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis View Post
Wife is working this weekend (I hope). This will allow me to install my secreted away Wet Sounds equipment and new One boots. She probably won't notice the Ones, but I have a sinking feeling she'll notice the Rev10s. As far as boards, might I suggest you get a three-sided coin and consider a Slingshot Lyman too. Oh my frick'n frick do I love that board.
The slingshot has that sliding binding mount. Someone told me they knew another person who broke two of those. I know it is hearsay but... There was a slingshot I was looking at as well but that tidbit made the Ronix a go.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post

I got 2012 ones this year and love them but after 15' of riding my feet hurt bad enough to make me quit, I figured they'd break in but I've rode them since February and not much improvement. It is probably from snugging them up too much but I love having that locked in feeling especially coming off velcro vantage bindings.
That is what was happening to be because the One did not seem to be accomidating my high arch. Admittedly since it was my son's boot it was not like I could have it heat molded to my foot.

I know for snow ski boots, I get the best fitting even before any work to adjust to my foot for the best results. When I first started wakeboarding I tried every boot/binding available and settled on what fit my foot the best and never had to heat mold them.

Last edited by GoneBoatN; 06-28-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:42 PM
MC Fanatic

The channel has been around for sometime. Even my snowboard uses a channel, as well as many of the kiteboards around here. Never an issue for me, so don't let the channel scare you, although, like anything, it could fail.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post

I found that if I pull tight around the ankle first and then not as tight over the foot they are more comfortable.

And they seem to get in just the right place. Ankle tightness is key.