Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
Why are y'all dogging this boat? It's 15 years old and needs upholstery, most boats do by then anyway. So now you get new upholstery awesome. It's faded, 5 hours of labor and it looks new with less than $100 bucks worth of material, next problem? Can't see any, this boat has awesome potential. The price isn't bad for the boat. Another 2k of investment and its in great shape. Then you could sell it for 15k+.. Seems a few of you took after your mom's to much and can't turn a wrench! If the motor is sound you are good.

Not to mention the "non" factory trailer? For real? It's aluminum or galvanized (hard to tell from picture), I'd much rather it than the factory.
The owner can't even take a picture without getting their hands in the way.

The thing about the trailer is... why? Why does it not have a factory trailer. What did they do to it in 13 years to lose or destroy it? The thing has sat out in the weather.

However, I will say that if the engine runs, you could buy it and be on the water the next day and for the rest of the year.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:04 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
I rather have a high a hour boat that was well maintained and taken care of than a neglected low hour boat.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft 197 TT 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodltg2 View Post
I rather have a high a hour boat that was well maintained and taken care of than a neglected low hour boat.
that's for sure... here's her response so needless to say I'm walking away from this one quickly.... I don't think I'd be willing to pay more than $8k for it in that condition.

The boat and trailer is valued at 16k dollars. We do realize that the repair costs would be almost $5,000 dollars. I will not go lower than 11,000. The boat was never run in saltwater, we use it in the Trent River and White Lake in North Carolina. We have changed the oil based on hours run and it was last changed last summer. The impeller was also changed last summer. Thanks for your continued interest.
Anne

2007 Prostar TT 197.....special delivery from the dealer 3/18/08 sold 6/7/11
Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Move along, nothing to see here...
Old 06-26-2013, 10:10 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3skier View Post
that's for sure... here's her response so needless to say I'm walking away from this one quickly.... I don't think I'd be willing to pay more than $8k for it in that condition.

The boat and trailer is valued at 16k dollars. We do realize that the repair costs would be almost $5,000 dollars. I will not go lower than 11,000. The boat was never run in saltwater, we use it in the Trent River and White Lake in North Carolina. We have changed the oil based on hours run and it was last changed last summer. The impeller was also changed last summer. Thanks for your continued interest.
Anne
I think she will be glad to take less than $8k in a few months. More like $6-7k would be fair if the engine passes a ck out.

Sit tight, but keep looking.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft 197 TT 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
I think she will be glad to take less than $8k in a few months. More like $6-7k would be fair if the engine passes a ck out.

Sit tight, but keep looking.
I'm in no rush as I'd really like to find a MC 195 or possibly a 205. Have found a few really nice closed bow nautiques but still trying to hold out for a MC instead.

2007 Prostar TT 197.....special delivery from the dealer 3/18/08 sold 6/7/11
Old 06-27-2013, 05:45 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Too cheap to even buy a blue trap to cover it from the weather But spent the money to have it serviced/ maintained each year- right.....

Some people amaze me! If it would look brand new for $5k they should do it and sell for $16k (except they forgot the $5k in labor needed to clean, polish, fix the little stuff that they would have to pay someone because they dont want to do anything themselves).

The funny thing is eventually they will probably find someone with more money than brains to pay close to asking price. As PT Barnum said....
Old 06-27-2013, 06:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
"Oil was changed based on hours"

Yeah right. How many hours and most likely if it didn't get much use over the last 5 years because it was broke the oil didn't get changed.

But hey if you're looking for a gamble try here.....

http://auction.repocast.com/details.cfm?ID=1313959

They actually have 2 Supra's right now that you can bid on and you probably can get both for less than that CC and they both look better.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Here's a 190 at the same repo auction site different location.....

http://auction.repocast.com/details.cfm?ID=1313968
Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 Ski Nautique
Looks like youre passing, and I would have done the same... but a few clarifications:

Boat is a '99 based on gauges, graphics and walk through open bow.

There was a *very minor* hull change on the Sport in '98, but it supposedly only made the boat turn better- ski performance was unchanged. The deck did change though, which visually differentiates the 98-02 Sport/Air from the 93-97 version. All ski the same, which is to say, pretty darn good for a 21' open bow. The hull is based on the 1990-1996 Ski Nautique, it never got the TSC hull (which debuted on the Ski Nautique in 1997). Anyone saying that a Sport or Air of this vintage doesnt ski well is either comparing to a world class ski boat (97+ SN or similar era Prostar 190) or is confusing an "Air" with a "Pro Air" or "Super Air". Despite the similar names, those are 3 different boats- the Air being the same as the Sport, which is a very good all around ski and wakeboard boat. The Pro Air is a direct drive that shared the same deck as the Sport/Air, but got a different hull that did not ski well at all. The Super Air is a v-drive with a similar hull as the Sport/Air, but due to the aft weight, does not ski nearly as well.

These boats are pretty highly sought after for their versatility... they do everything pretty darn well and are quite spacious. $12k is a very low price on such a boat, so they may get close to that, even with all the work it needs- simply because the demand is there. I do think you'd be better off finding a cherry one for $15k or so, though. While the 195 will ski very well, a Sport like this (in nice shape) is a step up the ladder in terms of build quality, refinement, and driveability, not to mention a bit more spacious.