Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 08-03-2013, 03:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Thinking of a new wakeboard

I'm think of a new wakeboard.

I started with a Liquid Force Witness a couple of years back when I first started out. I still have the board but I felt like I outgrew it pretty quickly. It tracked very well. Almost too well as it tends to bite in on the back molded in fins and for surface spins when I switch stance I tend not to like that.

Then I went to a Watson Classic. I liked it because it had more pop than the Witness and was softer landing. However with the softer landing (because of the v-shape on the bottom) it also seems to be a bit slower speed. So although I get better pop over the Witness, I feel I could use even some more extra pop.

I had a test ride on the Liquid Force Harley. Unfortunately it was a demo ride so I did not get to much time to it out. It has removable small quad fins on the outside and no center fin (don't need no stinking center fin...). So if I want the board extra loose I could even remove the quad fins. The board felt like it had great pop. It was nice and fast going into the wake. With the fins on it tracked quite nicely. Any thoughts on this board?
Old 08-03-2013, 03:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X1
I have not rode the Harley but I have yet to hear anything bad about it.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:57 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
I ride a Lyman that is a few years old, plus my 2 buddies also ride Lyman boards (they are much better wakeboarders than me). I really like the board, good tracking into the wake, surface spins are easy and it's predictable. I think the Harley board has similar features to the Lyman.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
I went from the Witness to the Murray a couple of years ago. It was a huge, positive, change for me. I instantly felt more comfortable on the Murray. That being said, I'm in the market for a new board, I just want something newer, but I will be looking for something similar to the Murray or will just get another Murray. I test rode a CWB Marius recently but couldn't get comfortable on it. It was much slower than the Murray, but it did land softly.

I'm of average skill, basic 2wake 180's but no inverts or 3's.
I'm also 6'2" and 210 so that limits my choices somewhat.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 08-05-2013, 12:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76S&S View Post
I went from the Witness to the Murray a couple of years ago. It was a huge, positive, change for me. I instantly felt more comfortable on the Murray. That being said, I'm in the market for a new board, I just want something newer, but I will be looking for something similar to the Murray or will just get another Murray. I test rode a CWB Marius recently but couldn't get comfortable on it. It was much slower than the Murray, but it did land softly.

I'm of average skill, basic 2wake 180's but no inverts or 3's.
I'm also 6'2" and 210 so that limits my choices somewhat.
I'm 6'1" 200lbs. You should try out the new Marek shape. I bought the Marek nova core 145 a few weeks ago and am loving it. I also can't get used to really abrupt 3-stage boards like the marius. I like a fast continuous board. I was on a hyperlite tribute before this one. If you like the murray you would probably like either of those. The Marek is faster with more pop and grip. The tribute is still fast but more playful loose feeling.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:42 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
Then I went to a Watson Classic. I liked it because it had more pop than the Witness and was softer landing. However with the softer landing (because of the v-shape on the bottom) it also seems to be a bit slower speed. So although I get better pop over the Witness, I feel I could use even some more extra pop.
I too have a Watson board, I'm still not 100% comfortable on it, when it all hooks up it's magic and lobs you up in the air but the rest of the time I'm just not happy on it.

I keep going back to my old LF Trip28, I know it's 10 yrs old but it just works, hardly ever catches an edge, massive pop and little rotational inertia as its soo short so spins and grabs are easy.

The stupid thing is, if I went by the board makers recomendations I should be riding a 137 or 142 ish as I'm around 190lb but the 128 just works for me... I must admit that my favorite board ever is the LF Squirt, that thing was like a trick ski on acid.

(Showing my age now!)
Old 08-05-2013, 07:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Corey View Post
I'm 6'1" 200lbs. You should try out the new Marek shape. I bought the Marek nova core 145 a few weeks ago and am loving it. I also can't get used to really abrupt 3-stage boards like the marius. I like a fast continuous board. I was on a hyperlite tribute before this one. If you like the murray you would probably like either of those. The Marek is faster with more pop and grip. The tribute is still fast but more playful loose feeling.
I do have access to a Marek that I could try. I was thinking it was an agressive three stage, so I was staying away from it. I need something that is very predictable and consistent.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 08-05-2013, 07:10 PM
MC Fanatic

The marek is more of a continuous. Hyperlite calls it an abrupt continuous but it is very consistent. I was worried about how predictable it would be but it is very predictable and quite a bit more forgiving than I had expected. I actually landed my first invert my first set on it.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
I listed a Harley for sale, if interested. It's new.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:36 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
I listed a Harley for sale, if interested. It's new.
Size? Price? If the OP is not interested let me know