Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 10-06-2005, 06:53 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197
Barefoot Boom Issue Prostar 197

Anyone have a good suggestion for reducing the spray that comes off the side of the boat and right into the water where you would want to barefoot on a boom? I have an '05 prostar 197. The water is OK once you actually get to the outside of the boom but I used to be able to, on my old boat (to go nameless), "swing out" on the 5' line from right next to the boat. The spray that comes off the side of the boat really makes that a challenge.

Has anyone heard of something that they can put on the hull that would just keep the spray from spraying out so wide?

Many Thanks!
Old 10-06-2005, 07:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: It's always changing! X-Star-Prostar190/205-Maristar
Would you say the boat is relatively balanced from right to left? The problem could be that the boat is leaning towards the boom causing an exagerated spray. This would be a good place to start as your Pro Star should have minimal spray when balanced correctly.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:33 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197
There were only 2 other people in the boat... driver and passenger. The spray is minimal for the most part... just in the wrong spot really. If I step off the side of the boat near the window (where the boom goes out) I actually have to put my feet through a small wall of water to get to the water surface below. I could slide out past the spray but then it makes it difficult to get on the 5' line. I suppose I could try having the passenger sit on the right rear of the boat to see if that helps. Hmmmm..
Old 10-06-2005, 10:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 197
I have an '04 Prostar and notice the same thing. I does help to shift the weight in the boat to the driver's side but in my experience there will still be a little spray from the boat onto your feet. My previous inboard, no name, did not do this. I'm guessing it has something to do with reducing spray when skiing a extremely short line lengths. I do open water ski at a very short line and there is certainly no spray on the skier.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:04 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 PS197
Search for earlier thread on "Hooking the Hull" here on the board, I think in 2003 and later the hook added to the rear of the boat has a tradeoff better slalom wake but some sidespray increase and lower top end.

One thread is as follows, there are others:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...t=hooking+hull

To support that thesis, I can report that I have an 02 PS197 with a high (almost 49mph) top end on the Predator engine and no problem at all with sidespray. BUT a little bit of a bump in the center of the wake....