Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Beautiful boat and congrats on the quick sell. Hope the new owners will enjoy it and take as good of care as you did.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 06-27-2013, 10:04 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Congrats on the quick sale..
Old 06-27-2013, 10:27 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 82 Stars and Stipes
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH2OSKI View Post
I'm sorry Jeramy and sorry you feel that way. I did tell you another individual (local) was coming to see the boat tonight. I did not know that they would have a cashier's check in hand. They were here - money in hand. Very fair offer. The businessman in me says you have to take that deal. Again - I'm sorry and I can understand your disappointment. One last thing - I was in discussions with them on this prior to your contact. I'm hopeful you find a nice boat.
You did the right thing, Cash talks, and BS walks. I've had many people verbally committed to buying something from me and they never show. I always disclose that until i have payment the item is for sale. You did the right thing.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by sppeders View Post
You did the right thing, Cash talks, and BS walks. I've had many people verbally committed to buying something from me and they never show. I always disclose that until i have payment the item is for sale. You did the right thing.
Agree- when i bought our 205v the PO indicated that there were several buyers coming over at 4pm after work to look at it. I called my wife to get some cash from the bank and meet me at my office. I left work at 2 and had bought it by 3.

Amazes me when people think that that they have some "special" right that sellers must hold something for them. If the purchaser was so intent on buying, he should have arranged to be the first one to the door. If he couldnt make it that day or had to work, thats not the sellers fault. If it was really that important, they would have done whats needed to get there.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: n/a
While I somewhat agree with most of whats been said, the only thing I would say to counter is that it takes time to arrange financing and to travel for some people. I would have never been able to buy my boat had the seller not held it for me long enough to get up there. I had to arrange to get cashiers check and rent a vehicle to tow it back with.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:25 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: looking
Thank you Hogwild. In this case... I fell in love with the boat. Been looking hard for three years. Called up mark (the owner) am talked to him for 30 min. I offered him 21000. He came back with 21500. I said I would take it. I told him already pre qualified for loan on his exact boat. Because I asked him to email me a copy of title and he did. I proceeded to tell him would be heading his way. Was getting ready to pick up cashiers check when he told me "got bad news. I sold the boat"
I don't care who you are or what u think... That's not cool and not how I was raised.
Anyway... What is done is done. It wasn't meant to be.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevroletman View Post
Thank you Hogwild. In this case... I fell in love with the boat. Been looking hard for three years. Called up mark (the owner) am talked to him for 30 min. I offered him 21000. He came back with 21500. I said I would take it. I told him already pre qualified for loan on his exact boat. Because I asked him to email me a copy of title and he did. I proceeded to tell him would be heading his way. Was getting ready to pick up cashiers check when he told me "got bad news. I sold the boat"
I don't care who you are or what u think... That's not cool and not how I was raised.
Anyway... What is done is done. It wasn't meant to be.
I empathize as I was trying to buy a boat in FL a year ago. Luckily the seller called me right while I was in the middle of buying a plane ticket and sending a deposit via paypal (small amount and not a scam by any means) before I lost any money on the deal. But, it's no skin off my back, I'd only have a right to be upset if I'd put down a deposit and lost the boat. A signed contract and a deposit go a long way, could run an escrow account for the purchase price too.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
i hesitate to stick my nose in here but I would agree that if a verbal agreement was made, then the boat was no longer available for sale. If owner indicated that others were coming to look and he would accept offers until $$ was in hand, then that would be part of the verbal agreement. However, in my book, if owner indicated boat was sold at an agreed upon price with agreed upon details, then boat is not available for sale to others. That's how i roll.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:50 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
i hesitate to stick my nose in here but I would agree that if a verbal agreement was made, then the boat was no longer available for sale. If owner indicated that others were coming to look and he would accept offers until $$ was in hand, then that would be part of the verbal agreement. However, in my book, if owner indicated boat was sold at an agreed upon price with agreed upon details, then boat is not available for sale to others. That's how i roll.
my thoughts also!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
Verbal is sketchy for anything over $500 in many states. I don't know what transpired in the call(s) but the OP's posts are quite respectful and appropriate. To me there's no issue since he proactively called with the bad news. But I'm no attorney. Sure it's tough - but there is always another boat.