Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 06-24-2013, 05:52 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Spence, is that your boat, if so, very nice looking ride.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:09 AM
TT Regular

Boat: '85 S&S black/gray
So I went and looked at the boat last evening. It's very, very clean. Never guess it was an '85, obviously very well cared for. Engine looks clean, some typical grease/dirt on it but again, obviously well cared for. The interior is amazing, no snags, tears, discoloration, nothing. I'm sure it's faded from it's original brilliance but otherwise it's in fantastic shape. I'm told everything works properly with no issues. The hull has almost no scuffs or scratches and certainly nothing major, overall it's exceptionally clean.

So pending a test drive I made a deal for it and I expect to have it all sorted out before the end of this week. I think I'm more excited than the kids are, always wanted an MC ski boat. So very much looking forward to skiing, cruising, fishing....awesome.

I must say thanks to all the input I received here, definitely very, very helpful! I will stay on this board of course and will continue to post. I'll post pics when I get it home after it's officially mine.

Cheers!

Jack
Old 06-25-2013, 08:10 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMo View Post
RacerX, I just sent you a Private Message.

Thanks
Got your PM and responded, thanks.

Jack
Old 06-26-2013, 07:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Awesome!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:10 AM
TT Regular

Got my boat! Hellacious test drive though. Rained like a mutha before meeting the seller, very cloudy and sprinkling still but decided to go for it anyway. He drove out to meet me at a lake near where I live so that saved me 1.5hrs round trip drive. It fired right up, idle smoothed out within a few mins, no odd vibrations or anything. Zipped out on the lake, did some turns, hole shots, top speed runs, felt very good. Temp came up and was solid around 160ish (it was a cooler day, rainy). Hole shots were great, I forget how nice it is to run in an inboard with 240ish HP vs a silly I4 I/O with 135.

Turns were solid in both directions, boat tracked well. Topped out around 38ish, the lake was pretty smooth, a little chop. No odd slams or noises when going over wakes. Windscreen was mildly rattly but I think it really was the only odd thing I could pick out, certainly nothing of concern.

Interior is very clean, exterior is excellent except for one good scratch. Trailer is solid though some rust is forming near the front supports, I'll fix that this summer before winter storage. Friggin' kick ***, can't wait to get on the lake!

Thanks again for all the help here, sure made me feel good about being educated enough to make a decision and then feel confident I did my homework. I think I got a good deal as well, paid less than $6k for it. Not a lot of extras but I really think the boat is solid, I'd never guess it was an '85.

Thanks again!

Jack
'85 S&S
Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, MariStar 200 VRS, 1998, LT1
Congratulations Racer! And just in time for the weekend. Ah the excitement of a new boat. Enjoy!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:43 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Congrats on the purchase! Great boat at a really nice price.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 06-28-2013, 11:05 AM
chriscraftmatt1976

[quote=RacerX;949772]Thanks very much for all the replies, very helpful! I have not spoken to the seller yet, may try to call him tonite or tomorrow. This boat should be all FG construction right, no wood stringers? I see a lot of very nice early 80's, late 70's boats but right now I need as little to worry about as possible. I can do any mechanical maintenance but don't want to mess with structural stuff.

I'm not sure of the hours, that's definitely the first question. I will definitely check the "how to buy" section here.

Thanks again, I will keep y'all posted.

Cheers.

Jack

PS - RacerX....spent too much time/money racing cars for the last 12 years. ; )[/was I need to read the thread better. Congrats.

Last edited by chriscraftmatt1976; 06-28-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Tags
1985, 1985 stars and stripes