Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
James Gandolfini De

Link

What a talent. 51. Sorry he's gone.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
I stopped watching him after he snapped on Glenn beck at a theater calling him Satan in front of Glenns kids. But my condolences go out to his family as they do not deserve such an early loss. And people make mistakes. He was too young. But hopefully he has changed since that gaff. Or he won't like where he is tonight.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
This guy does an impression of Tony Soprano (as well as other people) that is spot on - I love his videos. If you have a minute - check him out. It is definitely NSFW due to language though.

Tony Soprano Video

2013 X-25 - Love it!
2007 X-15 - Sadly no longer mine
Old 06-19-2013, 10:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Oops = double post

2013 X-25 - Love it!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Police are looking for this "person of interest" in Gandolfini's death.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
RIP Tony Soprano.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 06-20-2013, 09:22 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
RIP Tony.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:23 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
I stopped watching him after he snapped on Glenn beck at a theater calling him Satan in front of Glenns kids. But my condolences go out to his family as they do not deserve such an early loss. And people make mistakes. He was too young. But hopefully he has changed since that gaff. Or he won't like where he is tonight.
Hmmm. Seems a tough post, perhaps a little tacky, considering he just passed away.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Hmmm. Seems a tough post, perhaps a little tacky, considering he just passed away.
Considering this society is pretty ****ed up at how they look at people. I mean a morbidly obese man who was hell on his own wife and rude to lots of people, not to mention glorified the mafia and played a character who beat his wife, killed people, had affairs and was total scum and people are so upset shows me exactly how this society thinks.

For once I would like to hear the names and faces of our fallen soldiers, Firefighters, Or the social worker who helped kids get on the right path, or community leader who helped many people. But our praise of celebrity status is almost disgusting that Shep Smith basically did a eulogy for him for 5 minutes on his show. Hannity has co stars on the phone chiming in 10 minutes. I mean there is better news. 1000's of people die every day. This guy was just one and didn't do anything to deserve such widespread coverage. He will always be remember as he was in his mob role to the masses.

I do feel for his family as they didn't deserve it as neither did JG. So I'm not trying to be morbid or rude about the guys death. I just think its a little undoing for our society.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:20 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Considering this society is pretty ****ed up at how they look at people. I mean a morbidly obese man who was hell on his own wife and rude to lots of people, not to mention glorified the mafia and played a character who beat his wife, killed people, had affairs and was total scum and people are so upset shows me exactly how this society thinks.
He was an actor - what difference does it make what kind of person his character was? He was also a well-known name - that's why you hear about it. Look at the coverage Whitney Houston got - she sang songs and was a user and a crack addict, but she was glorified in the media. They do mention firefighters, police and soldiers - usually only locally because no one else is interested in what happened to John Smith - they have no personal connection. Celebrities get mention because there are a lot of people interested and it gets ratings, which is important for a business, which is all the news is anymore. I NEVER watch the news. It is always biased and bothers me to watch their stupid antics. I'm not disputing what has happened to society - we are on a downward spiral and it's not slowing any time soon. I don't know anything or care about James Gandofini's personal life - I enjoyed his performances in the things I have seen him in - buy who cares if he was obese or rude? Has that had a negative effect on you in any way? Why jump in to bash him now?

Where on here are people "so upset"? It is sad because I enjoyed his performances, but I would be "upset" if my dog died. I'm not upset because an actor died.

2013 X-25 - Love it!