Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-21-2013, 01:33 PM
roush611 roush611 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Boat: 1983 Mastercraft S&S
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 228
S&S Peeps... Where did you mount your amp/amps

Well I wound up picking up a JL 360/4 yesterday. Bigger then I wanted to go with size wise, but I could not pass up the deal. Where have you all mounted your amps? I am still trying to maintain as much storage on the left side behind the passengers seat as possible.

The boat is an '83 for that its worth.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-21-2013, 01:47 PM
tph's Avatar
tph tph is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Posts: 1,130
Amp location

I'm looking at the same issue (Same boat) I'm considering the area up under the gunnel along the side of the observers seat. (if there's enough room). Please post pics of whatever you do.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-21-2013, 01:51 PM
roush611 roush611 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Boat: 1983 Mastercraft S&S
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by tph View Post
I'm looking at the same issue (Same boat) I'm considering the area up under the gunnel along the side of the observers seat. (if there's enough room). Please post pics of whatever you do.
Will do. I was driving myself nuts yesterday trying to figure out locations.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-21-2013, 06:17 PM
madcityskier's Avatar
madcityskier madcityskier is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Location: madison, wi
Posts: 1,732
There have been a few interseting threads on this in the past, also some pictures of very clean installs on Facebook on The MasterCraft Project.
__________________
I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-21-2013, 11:27 PM
roush611 roush611 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Boat: 1983 Mastercraft S&S
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcityskier View Post
There have been a few interseting threads on this in the past, also some pictures of very clean installs on Facebook on The MasterCraft Project.
Where on the facebook page? I did not see any stereo stuff. Although I did not even know about that page. It is FRICKING SWEET!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2013, 12:07 AM
madcityskier's Avatar
madcityskier madcityskier is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Location: madison, wi
Posts: 1,732
Amongst the general pictures there are several who have pics where you can see how their stereos are mounted. On teamtalk check these threads. Last one is probably the best.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=47264
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=53493
http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51328
__________________
I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-2013, 12:48 AM
roush611 roush611 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Boat: 1983 Mastercraft S&S
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcityskier View Post
Amongst the general pictures there are several who have pics where you can see how their stereos are mounted. On teamtalk check these threads. Last one is probably the best.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=47264
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=53493
http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51328
Thank you for the links. The issue I am having is figuring out a location to mount the amp. I think I am going to wind up glassing some mounts to the hull. We will see what tomorrow brings!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 AM
madcityskier's Avatar
madcityskier madcityskier is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Location: madison, wi
Posts: 1,732
I got that way wrong. Your install looks pretty dang good. Nice work.
__________________
I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 AM.