Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 06-17-2013, 03:09 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Looking
2006 Mastercraft 197TT - Tower & 6.0L - Worth?

Figured I would see what the experts think it is worth, I have it for sale in the classifieds . . . I have had 2 offers on it thus far.

2006 Master Craft 197TT
-6.0L LQ9 Motor - 473 hours - closed cooling
-Perfect Pass
-New Dimension Mini Tower
-Full Cover
-Black Bimini - Over Tower
-Heat
-Hot Water Shower
-Single Axle Trailer

-Flaws: 4 holes on each side from removal of factory bimini hardware (see pics), separation of seat seam on observers seat - about 2"-3" in length.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
For starters I hope that all is well with your wife and family, we continue to think of you.

Regarding the boat, you will likely get a lot of advice so here is mine for what it is worth. Take a look at places like boat trader, only inboards and ski-it-again.com to see what other similar boats are priced at geographically. Next, I would call the local dealer, in our area that is Boat House Marine, and get the opinion of Chris Drabic. Chris will give you an honest opinion and you could choose to consign the boat with them as they likely have potential buyers they know of. Depending on what you need to get out of the boat and what they charge, you may find that it is worth it to let them move it for you.

All of that being said, I would guess it would sell for around $32-$34k but that is purely my unprofessional opinion. Hope it helps.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:16 AM
TT Regular

Boat: MC, S&S, 76, 351
I also hope things are heading in the right direction with your wife's health.

I love your boat and if it was a year or two down the line I have a feeling we would be getting together on it but the timing just isn't right for me. That being said, from what research I did do, being a guy that likes a good deal I would want to offer $25 and hope we negotiated to the high twenties and you'd hope we negotiate to the low 30's and it'd probably be around 30.

Can I ask what the offers you have gotten were?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:00 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MC, S&S, 76, 351
Where are you at on what you "need" to get out of her?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:45 AM
TT Regular

Boat is gone! Sold it yesterday. ....thanks for all the kind words about my wife.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-26-2013, 08:52 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpromod View Post
Boat is gone! Sold it yesterday. ....thanks for all the kind words about my wife.

Happy for you but sad at the same time.... Hows the wife? I hope she is doing better!

Did the boat go to a good home? Near by or further away?

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-26-2013, 09:30 AM
TT Regular

New owner is from the Akron area, so the boat stays local! It was hard to see it go, the little one was not too happy! My wife is doing 10x better and we have a lot of hope and direction, we have actually enjoyed the boat as a family recently! My wife wants it replaced asap, not sure what direction we are going to go . . . might wait until the off season to get something for next year. Hopefully things stay at the level they are at, just not 100% sure and it is hard to predict the future. Again, thanks for all the support and kind words.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 09 X14 but that changes every month
Good Luck with the new 2012 Nautique 200 snowpromod..
Old 07-30-2013, 01:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpromod View Post
New owner is from the Akron area, so the boat stays local! It was hard to see it go, the little one was not too happy! My wife is doing 10x better and we have a lot of hope and direction, we have actually enjoyed the boat as a family recently! My wife wants it replaced asap, not sure what direction we are going to go . . . might wait until the off season to get something for next year. Hopefully things stay at the level they are at, just not 100% sure and it is hard to predict the future. Again, thanks for all the support and kind words.
So pleased to hear that your wife is doing better--just terrific news! We live with chronic challenges in our household (MS) and understand how that casts a shadow for the whole family. Hopefully lots of better days ahead for all of you.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:30 AM
TT Regular

Thanks for all the kind words....life is a challenge that is for sure! Things are going well since our last visit to the Mayo - we go back this fall for additional treatment/testing. It figures I would make a deal while she was gone only to deliver it 3 weeks later.....during that 3 week delay she was able to come home and spend some great time on the boat as a family! The boat being sold did not go over all that well, so she convinced me that we were not going to go boatless for long.........we have another boat coming this weekend. Boatless for 2 weeks - she picked this one out and is super excited to get back on the water! Again I cannot thank all of you enough for the support and kind words.