Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 08-15-2014, 09:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Maristar 200VRS
Sent you a PM for information on hinge fabrication.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft 225 VRS LT1
Winter Upgrades!

Well the off season is upon us and that means time for upgrades

I've mentioned a few times that the vinyl had seen better days and this past summer was the final straw... so we ended up making the trek to Viper Customs from Richmond VA! (7hrs each way). I had been in contact with Jim Jackson in early fall and we ended up dropping off the boat first week in December, I can't wait to see how the new interior turns out! They're doing all new vinyl, new black rubrail, filling some minor gel coat blemishes, and a full cut/buff/wax on the gelcoat.

BEFORE:
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2016, 03:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Viper Customs Pictures

There were a few really nice boats in the shop to look at too. The grey/black/orange boat is a Moomba that is done like the X2 that was on this site a little while ago, and the X9 is Jim's personal boat. Both are extremely nicely done!
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2016, 03:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
That X9 doghouse job looks AMAZING! I love the whole boat really, but WOW it just flows nicely! They are talented there. It amazes me how they design that to look so good without any templates and it comes out looking so well.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Mastercraft TriStar 220
that X9 is sick!
Old 01-11-2016, 09:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer12 View Post
That X9 doghouse job looks AMAZING! I love the whole boat really, but WOW it just flows nicely! They are talented there. It amazes me how they design that to look so good without any templates and it comes out looking so well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanni848 View Post
that X9 is sick!
They really do amazing work, I can't wait to see how ours turns out! Carl is the guy who runs Viper's upholstery shop, and he is actually an ex-Mastercraft employee who worked in the vinyl department at the factory from 1980 something until 2003 when he left/retired. He told me that the vinyl supplier for MasterCraft is right down the street, so Viper buys from the same place for all of their interiors.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:38 PM
TT Regular

Boat: current-07 X2, past-02 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Viper did the vinyl for my x9 and we put it in. They really do amazing work. Another x9 for viewing.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
Viper did the vinyl for my x9 and we put it in. They really do amazing work. Another x9 for viewing.
02ProstarSammyD, that is one gorgeous boat! Looks like we will have very similar interiors then... just got word that the boat is ready for pickup, along with a couple teaser pictures. I'll post one up until I can get down there and pick the boat up in the next couple weeks and get some more pictures. I wasn't planning for it to be finished until sometime in February haha.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2016, 12:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Trailer Refurb too...

When we dropped off the boat down at Viper, we brought the trailer home to do some much needed work on it. Overall it is in pretty great shape for 22 years old. Very minimal surface rust, all the brakes worked until this past summer when the master cylinder went out, and the tires are in decent shape.

Someone at some point had made the tongue removable, and while I guess it served it's purpose it was very ugly in my opinion, and not done the way I would have done it.

The main areas of concern were the old tongue, the universal mount jack, the paint, and bunk carpet.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2016, 01:11 PM
TT Regular

Boat: current-07 X2, past-02 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
02ProstarSammyD, that is one gorgeous boat! Looks like we will have very similar interiors then... just got word that the boat is ready for pickup, along with a couple teaser pictures. I'll post one up until I can get down there and pick the boat up in the next couple weeks and get some more pictures. I wasn't planning for it to be finished until sometime in February haha.
I think they started giving longer lead times because they got railed last year over being behind. Appreciate the comment on the boat. We actually miss that boat just because of the interior. NICKSPI on here stole my interior combo too haha. You'll love it. The black doesn't get too too hot but that black piping will light you up!