Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-16-2013, 12:15 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there. Now be a good dad and take your kids to the lake!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 06-16-2013, 12:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Happy Father's Day everyone

Wish I could go to the lake ... I'm 4500 miles away!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:09 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
it'd be nice just to see or hear from your kid... been close to 2 years now since i did...

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 06-16-2013, 06:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Was not out on the boat today but had a chance to have my helpers get the gear ready for next weekend...

Livi with her slalom ski and JD (Thee Deck Hand) with the clean fenders...
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2013, 01:17 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
it'd be nice just to see or hear from your kid... been close to 2 years now since i did...
Make something happen!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 06-17-2013, 08:45 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Make something happen!
I agree. Life is too short. I wish that I spent more time with my dad before cancer took him away from us.
TRR, I don't know your situation but I hope you can move forward and put problems behind you.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
My father died of cancer in 09. It may have been what I needed to finally grow up. But it was the hardest lesson to learn. The lesson: life is short. He died at 49. Hr was my best pal. We talked almost everyday.

Tx, you make the effort. I can tell you first hand that at first your son probably thought it was easy for him to avoid you. Now it's embarrassing and he can't break the spell. You need to try. Try again. And then keep trying. It's your duty as his father. No matter who is wrong. He may die. You may die.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-17-2013, 12:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
My father died of cancer in 09. It may have been what I needed to finally grow up. But it was the hardest lesson to learn. The lesson: life is short. He died at 49. Hr was my best pal. We talked almost everyday.

Tx, you make the effort. I can tell you first hand that at first your son probably thought it was easy for him to avoid you. Now it's embarrassing and he can't break the spell. You need to try. Try again. And then keep trying. It's your duty as his father. No matter who is wrong. He may die. You may die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydave View Post
I agree. Life is too short. I wish that I spent more time with my dad before cancer took him away from us.
TRR, I don't know your situation but I hope you can move forward and put problems behind you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Make something happen!

Read up on parental alienation. Courts are biased against fathers (they still think it's 1950). Add those two together, and you will either lose 100% of the time or you’ll spend your entire life and bank account fighting for it. And for what? Your own kid acting like a little b*tch towards you? No thanks, she’s rapidly becoming her mother, a life support system for a c.

I made the efforts, believe me, Tex / Kyle should know out of anyone on here that I did.

At some point, you have to live your life looking forward through the windshield rather than the rear view mirror. Cut your losses, pay the monthly babysitting bill and move on in your life. There is more to this, but as she may be reading along with us silently, I will refrain from elaborating.

If you want an almost perfect synopsis on my situation, read points #1, 2, 6, 11, 13, 16, 17, 19... Then you might start to understand why I will always lose.

http://www.innocentdads.org/alienator.htm

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 06-17-2013, 12:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Read up on parental alienation. Courts are biased against fathers (they still think it's 1950). Add those two together, and you will either lose 100% of the time or you’ll spend your entire life and bank account fighting for it. And for what? Your own kid acting like a little b*tch towards you? No thanks, she’s rapidly becoming her mother, a life support system for a c.

I made the efforts, believe me, Tex / Kyle should know out of anyone on here that I did.

At some point, you have to live your life looking forward through the windshield rather than the rear view mirror. Cut your losses, pay the monthly babysitting bill and move on in your life. There is more to this, but as she may be reading along with us silently, I will refrain from elaborating.

If you want an almost perfect synopsis on my situation, read points #1, 2, 6, 11, 13, 16, 17, 19... Then you might start to understand why I will always lose.

http://www.innocentdads.org/alienator.htm
Man I feel like I'm in your same boat with my mother. I have siblings much younger. And for a long time I helped financially to my mother etc etc. When the money train stopped the problems started. And my mother started using some of these tactics and things I read in this article with my younger siblings.

I understand your pain. I just think any amount of pain is worth the effort to at least try to keep communications going. Even if it's one sided. Eventually, they will realize that they have only seen one side. And yours might be greener

Old 06-17-2013, 01:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 PROSTAR 190
I was at the lake with my boys yesterday and took them out for some 7am wakeboarding sets. We went in for lunch and even found some good water mid afternoon, before heading home. It was a good day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2